X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

energyTake 5 or athena micra 6?

Hope you guys can help me out.I'm going to get my brother a set of budget speakers and was thinking about the micra6 or even the pt5.I personally have the take 5 w/yamaha rxv496 in another small room.I was thinking either give him my take5's and keep the athena for myself or visa-versa.Which of these 3 sets of speakers would you condsider the better.I wont be able to do a listening test due to i have to tell him before hand what he's getting.Thanks
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I'm an Energy fanboy
    Jason

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Rick, I too like the sound of Energy's. However, I haven't heard the Athenas so all I can say is the Energy's won't be a bad choice to stay with.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• whoaru99
        • Jul 2004

I have not heard the Energy speakers, but I have heard the Athena Micra 6 and was fairly impressed for the $$.

Sorry my opinion doesn't do too much good though without a personal comparison between the two.
        There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Can you step up in speaker size at all? For about the same price you could try something like a few sets of the Paradigm atom's etc. and just keep the Energy sub for the time being.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"