ROTEL RSX-1056

------------------

Speakers for both:
    Front: Paradigm Monitor 7
    Centre: CC-370
    Rear: Mini Monitor
    Sub: PS-1200 or PW-2200

---------------

System will mainly be used for Home Theater.

thanks.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I vote 1068/1075 with the 2910 just to be difficult
    Jason

Comment

• DelRay
      • Jun 2004

I'll also have to say the 1068/1075. Don't know which dvd player would be best. If the Denon has sacd/dvd-a capabilities, I would lean towards it. As far as subs go, I love my PW2200's. It's a kicking sub.

Comment

• Charl
        • Apr 2004

Ok, I'll be the odd one out. :twisted:

Firstly, if you have the choice, go for seperates rather than a receiver. This way you can keep your amp/s and only need to upgrade the pre/pro when the need arises or when they release 'newer' processing or decoding technology. Seperates are also said to deliver superior performance compared with an 'all-in-one' receiver such as the T763 or RSX-1056.

I have owned both the C272 and RMB-1075, and used both with the NAD T163 pre/pro. My personal choice would be the C272's for sure.

NAD is famous for its warm, musical sound, while the Rotel has a more clinical / neutral sound with crisper highs.
        Of course, much depends on your sound preference and also your listening room. I have a fairly 'bright' room, so I found the Rotel to be a little harsh for my taste.

To use 3 x C272's :E would be enough to drive any speakers loud and clear, with that sweet NAD midrange and overall musicality.

I have not tried the RSP-1068, but of course both these Rotel products are well-reviewed and generally very well received.
        Have you compared specs and features for the NAD and Rotel pre/pro's?

For the DVD my choice would be Denon, as it is newer (won't be outdated / replaced soon), has superior video processing (also DVI & HDMI), and also plays SACD as well as DVD-Audio. Doesn't look as cool as the RDV-1050 though!

In the end I can safely say that you can't go wrong with any of the products you are considering - they all offer fantastic value for money! But, as always, it would be best to do a demo before making your final decision.

My 2 cents...

Cheers,
        Charl

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"