X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InfocusMan
    • Feb 2005

Sound on DVD movies fading in and out?

Greetings,

I have a mitsubishi progessive scan dvd player with monster cables connected to a standard JVC television. However when I play certain movies the sound goes in and out. Especially during a loud action sequence. So lets say something explodes it will take like 3 seconds before the sound goes back to normal. Sound doesn't go out completely but still hard to hear for a few seconds.

Don't know if it's the cables/connection/my lack of surround sound?

Any ideas would help. Thanks.
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

hmm...sounds interesting indeed. So you're not using any kinda external speakers right? Just audio coming from the TV speakers? I'd just make sure all the cables are connected to the right places, and it should be because you're getting some sound. Make sure they're connected properly, not about to fall off, I guess. Could be the speakers in the TV itself, cross my fingers it's not the speakers, or you might have to live without your TV for a while, as it gets repaired for the speakers. Have you tried a different DVD player to see if the problem still there?

I'm assuming you have no external speakers, just the ones from the TV. If that's the case, then I'd assume that you're using the RCA for audio, make sure both the white and red are plugged to the corresponding white and red on the TV and they're not loosely plugged in.

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

Does your TV have some sort of automatic volume adjustment? Some sets have this to even out the volume level when commercials are louder than the program, etc. The wide dynamic range of DVDs is probably causing this feature to alter the volume level while watching movies. Try turning it off in your TV's menus if you can.

Otherwise, look at the DVD player's setup menus. You might have some sort of dynamic range compression (night mode, quiet mode) turned on. Or maybe you need to turn it on to even out the volume going to the TV. Try different settings to see if that helps.

Comment

• saurabh
        • Feb 2005

check DVD settings

there could also be a delay setting...check your DVD menus thoroughly, since the sound is coming from speakers its somekinda settings in the DVD, since I am assuming it does not happen when you view the normal cable channels. It is definitely not todo with speakers or cables.
        Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"