X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

Help in Buying New Home Theatre

Hi,

I am wanting to buy a surround sound system (note: I am not saying HTS) to work along with my existing TV. I have spent almost unteem hours searching for technologies and brands but what I usually find is HTS. I also contacted Dolby for my various queries, which changed my mind. Now I am trying to find a DVD player with DOLBY Virtual Speakers technology........its so much comfortable......no jumble of wires...............less costly and fulfills my needs for good surround sound. But unfortunately not many DVD's manufacturer are into this technology, so I need help......

anyone..........
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

I don't think you'll get much users here with wireless speakers systems. Most of the members here are more of an "enthusiast" about these things. No offense or anything.

Comment

• saurabh
      • Feb 2005

Why HTS when DOLBY virtual speaker is a practical solution

thanks blaze,Just to Clarify, for my previous post, I will use definition from DOLBY itself:

"Dolby Virtual Speaker technology is a highly sophisticated audio virtualization technology that makes it possible to enjoy natural, realistic 5.1-channel surround sound from just two stereo speakers. Dolby Virtual Speaker transforms TV, movies, and music into a thrilling surround sound experience, bringing surround sound to anyone with a two-speaker system. "

What I am trying to figure out is, why should I buy full HTS when I can use this technology and make a smaller hole in my pocket with the same levels of sound and if ppl can recommend any DVD players using this. I know one from Denon D-M51DVS. I have also added below few more FAQ's from the DOLBY site so that people have clarity while reponding to this thread.

Who will benefit from Dolby Virtual Speaker?

Dolby Virtual Speaker is perfect for anyone who wants to experience full, rich surround sound. Dolby Virtual Speaker is ideal for the new flat-panel displays and for any system in an apartment, dorm room, or other small space where the cost or installation of multiple speakers and wiring is impractical.

Are special speakers required for Dolby Virtual Speaker?

Dolby Virtual Speaker technology can be used with any pair of stereo speakers, including speakers made specifically for PCs. Of course, a powerful amplifier and high-quality speakers will give you better sound.

Are TV sets with built-in, closely spaced speakers suitable for Dolby Virtual Speaker?

Dolby Virtual Speaker technology works very well with your TV’s built-in speakers, especially those in widescreen monitors and HDTV sets. In fact, Dolby Virtual Speaker’s Wide mode makes the speakers sound further apart than they actually are.

Can Dolby Virtual Technology be added to a TV set or other playback system?

Generally speaking, yes. A DVD player equipped with Dolby Virtual Speaker can be connected to the analog audio inputs of a TV set (or other playback system) to create surround sound.

Comment

• saurabh
        • Feb 2005

This Thread is Closed, please look at my next Post

Hi guys, sorry, I realized that the subject of my post was not Clear, so I am creating a new post for this with an appropriate Subject. This Thread stands closed.

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

All righty, Moderatormeek will officially close this thread. :

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"