X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WGWebster
    • Jan 2005

Onkyo TX SR702

Hi everyone,

I just installed an Onkyo TX SR702 7.1 receiver. I'm using a 5.1 configuration and the other two channels are for zone 2 music.

I have a question about THX mode. When I play a movie with THX and select THX Cinema.. I only get sound from the right rear speaker (i get very faint sound from the left rear). I have tested the speakers and get "white noise" from all my speakers (including the left rear!) at the expected volumes.

I'm sure this is "cock-pit error", what don't I understand about THX???

Anyone got any ideas????

Thanks, Bill
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Bill, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

1) Have you tried selecting other formats and if so, do you get proper sound from them?

2) Check your owner's manual and see if you have the ability to vary the sound level for each channel AND each processing format. If you can, it could be that the setting for THX Cinema needs to be bumped up for the left rear.

Let us know....

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• WGWebster
      • Jan 2005

Try Try again

Thanks David,

I played with this last night. I don't get sound in the rear speakers in any format. I get a little in TV Logic mode, but nothing in ProLogic, THX Neo 6. It doesn't work all my connected inputs (Video 1, DVD, CD). I'm using Optical cables

I reconnected the speaker leads too.

I'm thinking that there is something wrong with the receiver If the white noise test works, but nothing else works... I keep thinking it's setup... but I'm out of ideas.

Just as an aside, The receiver setup menu does not display on the TV now that I set the output to Composite video. It orginally worked when I was hooked up through the coax tv connection.

What do you think?? Is it a hardware problem?

Bill

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"