X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob W.
    • Jan 2005

Zenith dvb318 Sound Quality?

Hi Guys, I've been reading a lot of reviews from you people about how good this dvd player's video performance is. Can anyone tell me about the sound quality. I've haven't heard of anyone talking about the sound. I would like to know on cd and dvd. I want to buy a dvd player soon.
    Thanks,
    Rob
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

It's OK on digital pass through, but the analog out is somewhat lifeless and a bit dull on the top. Not to say that you can't enjoy a movie OK that way; just don't expect it to compete with good pre-pro. A $75 Sony DVD player I picked up at CostCo is better on CD reproduction through the PCM out, IMO.

The only "cheap" DVD player I've heard recently on analog out that supprised me a bit with analog quality is the Oppo DVP971; still, it's no Benchmark DAC1, but it's quite respectable for the price ($200), and a firmware upgrade reportedly will enable true DVD-A functionality. It does have 24/192 DACs.

~Jon
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• USBeauty
      • Jan 2005

I agree mostly. It sounds good to me on digital out for HT; so-so on PCM stereo. I have another CD player for use with music that sounds better. Having said that, I bought this thing for $80 so I'm pretty pleased with it.

Bruce
      Friends don't let friends listen to compressed music.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"