X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottycj
    • Jan 2005

Receiver or sub problem?

First post guys sorry it's so long.
    This is the plate amp I have from Creative Sound Solutions Power Output @ 8ohms/4ohms250W/360WTHD0.08%S/N ratio @ rated power100dBInput sensitivity @ 100Hz low level150mVInput sensitivity @ 100Hz high level5VInput impedance22KohmsVariable low pass X-over frequencies40-160HzWeight17lbs/7.7kgsDimensions W x H264mm x 315mmCutout W x H237mm x 281mmAC Voltage115V or 230V switchable

This is my receiver Sony STR-DE935
    Sub Woofer Output
    voltage 2 v
    impedance 1

This is the problem I'm having.When I'm watching tv there is a constance bass coming from my sub.I can put my hand on the speaker an feel it vibrating even when there is no call for bass coming from the show I'm watching.I have the settings on the sub set at 80 hz and vol. set at about half.Even when I reduce the vol. and the crossover you can still hear the bass.During the shows when bass is called for the sub does get louder.I have tried switching the phase with no difference.I have my input going to my line in white terminal,I tried switching it to the line in red terminal with no difference.
    My cable from my reciever to my sub is a coxial RG-60 with f conn. on each end.
    On my receiver (sony STR-DE935) and I found out that the internal crossover of the sub out is 120 HZ.I cannot see any way to change it or turn it off.That being said is it possible that my bass coming from the receiver is too high , even though my plate amp is set to 80 HZ (maybe crossover in sub is defective)?
    Anyone else happen to have this receiver how's you sub sound,or does anyone know if it is possible to change it on this receiver?One last comment is there a way to check the crossover on the sub aka. a ohm reading or any thing like that. The sub itself is the adire 214 L alignment tuned to 15.4 Hz, with a 15 in tempest speaker.
    Thanks in advance sj
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Cable?

scottycj,

This statement confuses me:

My cable from my reciever to my sub is a coxial RG-60 with f conn. on each end.

This sound like a regular cable TV coax cable. Is it a sub cable or other normal RCA interconnect? That all you need to hook up a sub to a receiver.
    If you need cables, check out the forum sponsor at www.catcables.com.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by htsteve; 24 January 2005, 07:38 Monday.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Steve, coax connections to a sub using screw-on RCA connectors are pretty common. Especially if the installation is done commercially. I've never A/B'd them against a "dedicated" cable so I can't comment on the quality of the output...

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Learning

David,

Thanks for the information. I was unaware of this arrangement. I've learned
        something new.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"