• Show
Clear All
  • eddiem67
    • Jun 2004

Which processor?

I nailed it down to these 3:

Anthem AVM-30
    Rotel 1098
    Bryston 1.7 (strecthing my funds, worth the extra bucks?)

Any input would be appreciated

Cinenova delivered, waiting on Bryston 4B-ST
    My Car Audio
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by eddiem67
    Bryston 1.7 (strecthing my funds, worth the extra bucks)

waiting on Bryston 4B-ST
    I think that pretty much sums it right up
    Jason

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

I own the Bryston SP 1.7 but as you know, it has few features compared to the other two. My ears heard a difference between the 1.7 and 1098 hence the reason I changed. But I didn't need the features. If you haven't already, please keep this in mind.

Jim
      jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• ZeeOHSix_pilot
        • Jan 2005

Hi,

I just bought an Anthem AVM30 and compared it to the 1098 .

First off, I have absolutely NO use for the display on the 1098. I suppose someone who has a compound with security gates could feed them to it, or a tike monitor cam. But for HT, I just don't get it. All of my equipment is completely hidden..... :

Anyway, to me there was just no comparison. I was able to try them out in my theater, go through their manuals, set them up and use them each for a few days.

From an ease of use and set up standpoint, the AVM30 won. From a flexibility and list features, it also could not be beat. And NO company I have seen has multi-channel freq. and bass management capabilities even close to the AVM30.

Two channel stereo is warm and open on the AVM. dead and harsh on the Rotel, at least to my ears. I have always preferred speakers, power and pre/pro amps from North American companies. My ears just don't like the sound reproduction of Pac. Rim amps. Now DVD players are another story.....

I am an Anthem fan for life. When you also throw in their proven hardware and software upgradability of their platforms to keep them future-proof(IEEE 1394, HDMI switching and video transcoding will be released soon as dealer upgrades), and their outstanding, personal-touch tech. support, it was a no brainer decision for me.

Comment

• Foxman
          • Jan 2003

If I were buying right now having zero experiance with the Bryston I would lean towards the AVM-30. I have done a little planning ahead and that is the leader in my distant wish list of next generation processors. When that time comes I am sure I will look into the Bryston as well.
          IMO

My Movies
          Bad Pics of my system

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"