Best place to buy Rotel pre/pro and amp?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HoboLoco
    • Dec 2004

Best place to buy Rotel pre/pro and amp?

Hi everyone 1st post! Anyway, I was wondering if someone coulod direct my on the best place to buy the Rotel-1068/Rotel 1075(or maybe 1095) amp? My local dealer is no really moving on the price.. It is $2800.00 for the 1068/1075 and he said he would throw in some cords! Im guessing the cord thing was the discount? What are some of the best prices you have paid and where from? Also, this is a biggie. I need to buy from a place that offers like 12-24 months no interest or at least lets you pay it off on a payment plan. I dont want to put this in a credit card and I don't currently have the cash..
    Also, do you think the Rotel 1095 is worth the extra $$$ I just think it would be nice to be pushing 200 watts a channel..... Thanks guys, love reading your posts and replys.... JB
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

HoboLoco,

What state do you live in? I've typically been able to get a 10% discount. My local dealer has a payment plan program. Also, what is your speaker set-up (to help answer the 1095 question)? And what are your HT plans? I've got the 1068/1095 combo. However, they are driving B&W Nautilus, some hungry speakers. I really like my 1095.

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

Asking for a discount then asking for 12 months No/No is going to get you nowhere. Really I've found that if you don't pay in cash, you are less likely to get a bigger discount. Putting it on CC might get you 10% but really that's asking for almost too much because they have to eat 3/4% in CC fees.

You can try other deales in the vicinity but I've found Rotel dealers to not budge much. 10% is Awesome if you can get it.

Comment

• HoboLoco
        • Dec 2004

Im in OKlahoma too!

Where did you get your setup at, and what price did you pay?
        Boomer Sooner beat the Trojans!

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

HoboLoco,

A point of clarification. My local dealer (in MI) will generally do 5% on multiple pieces. 10% is normally during a sale (occasionally 15%, but rare). Finally, once or twice a year, they do a big sale that is typically 10% discount plus 12 months no or low payments with no interest. I've been a good customer, so I get a 10% discount.

As to the 1095, it is a very good 5 channel foundation to my system. I've upgraded all my other pieces (pre/pro, DVD, speakers), but this does a good job for me. It is twice as much as a 1075, but it has power to spare.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Shane Martin
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2001

Where did you get your setup at, and what price did you pay?
            I bought my speakers thru a install/dealer here in Tulsa. The only Rotel dealers I know of in Oklahoma are Audio Dimensions and my friend struggled to get 10% off on an amp/receiver. I believe he paid cash though.

I was in sales for years and there usually isn't any incentive for places like that to discount and give you No No. It's fairly rare. Perhaps you might have to make a drive to the nearest Rotel dealer not in Oklahoma. I don't think Audio Dimensions does sales hardly at all.

Then again you could go in and see what they'll do but I think you've already done that. If they offer a payment plan usually its with high high interest because of who you are dealing with(usually a small timer type credit establishment).

Comment

• HoboLoco
              • Dec 2004

Rotel

Thanks for the advice..!

Comment

• HoboLoco
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by htsteve
                HoboLoco,

What state do you live in? I've typically been able to get a 10% discount. My local dealer has a payment plan program. Also, what is your speaker set-up (to help answer the 1095 question)? And what are your HT plans? I've got the 1068/1095 combo. However, they are driving B&W Nautilus, some hungry speakers. I really like my 1095.

I live in OKlahoma. I have (4) Definitive Technology BP2004tl's and a center c/l/r 2300. I use the system for 75% Movies and 25% Music..

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"