X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • murphy3414
    • Nov 2004

To Buy Or Not To Buy?

Has anyone had experience purchasing from etronics? They have some really good deals on receivers, but the catch is they are not authorized dealers.

Would like to hear any experience good or bad. Is the savings worth the risk. How often do dealers really ask for a sales reciept when you're unit (lol) is in for service?

:a>
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Shopping.com is a leading price comparison site that allows you shop online for the best deals and lowest prices. You can read unbiased product reviews and compare prices online. Online shopping has never been as easy!

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

I have bought from etronics with good results. I even returned some things without issue.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by murphy3414
        ...but the catch is they are not authorized dealers.

Would like to hear any experience good or bad. Is the savings worth the risk. How often do dealers really ask for a sales reciept when you're unit (lol) is in for service?
        I can't speak for Etronics, but if you are spending more that a couple of hundred dollars, DO NOT buy from an un-authorized dealer - period. I purchased a Yamaha RX-V1 through a "group buy" on another well known HT forum. It turned out the seller was not a legit Yamaha dealer. I've had the RX-V1 in the shop a couple of times in 4 years and had to cough up the full amount as my B&M retailers all checked into whether or not it was registered with Yamaha, or they wanted the sales receipt. Short version? If they aren't authorized, STAY AWAY.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

I think I bought either my Denon DVD2200 or my Sony LCD computer monitor from them a little bit over a year ago. Both are fine and the prices are right. But like others said, if anything was to go wrong, I'd be paying out of my pocket.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I bought a Denon DVD player from them and its been flawless. You can purchase extended warrenty though them if that makes you feel better. I like eCost as well from a Canadian perspective as they're one of the few companies to use the BoarderFree service :T

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"