X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NMG
    • Oct 2004

Subs near RPTV . . .

just wondering how close all of you have your subs to your TV's and if you are ever concerned about causing any damage to them because of the low frequencies and vibrations?

I moved my stuff around today and as it stands right now, my sub is about a foot away from my RPTV at the closest point. There is lots of room for the sub to breathe and nothing is really "crammed" in back there. The front of the box where the driver is (the closest part of the box to the TV) and the port are aimed parallel to the back wall (i.e. not aimed directly at the TV).

Do you see this being an issue? I would assume that makers of RPTV's would expect their stuff to be used in HT environments where they could be exposed to such vibrations but I'm just wondering what everyone's elses thooughts are.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Neil, I don't think there will be any major repercussions especially if you are on a slab-type floor. A suspended floor will transmit more vibrations, but I don't think it will vibrate enough to be harmful. You may just have to align your RPTV a little more often. I'm on a slab and have my Velodyne FSR-15 about 30 inches from the right front corner of my RPTV and haven't noticed any issues at all.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• number17
      • Jul 2004

I have my sub very close to my RPTV too ... ~ 2.5'. You may have to re-calibrate your TV more often but otherwise no problem.

Comment

• NMG
        • Oct 2004

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll just make sure to check the convergence settings more frequently than did before.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"