X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    • Oct 2004

HDMI Cable Question

I am wondering if anyone has experience with HDMI cables from AudioQuest, WireWorld or Kimber Kable. One thing WireWorld claims is a 5 gigabit per second capability, which is the official HDMI standard. I don't know if the other options meet that standard. Still, if AudioQuest is good enough I can get one today and start watching immediately!

Any thoughts on those choices would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Voltron; 03 November 2004, 19:11 Wednesday.
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

w/o trying to be rude, can we keep the political commentary off the board. We all have our opinions, and are entitled to them, but this isn't the place to voice them. I know I'm not a moderator, but I think that its not the place to discuss this. Now if Lex started a thread on it, it would be fair game. But again, probably not in anyones best interests.

With that being said, I have audioquest cables from my pre to my amp and I think they are great.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Voltron
      • Oct 2004

sikoniko-

Political commentary gone. No offense, just frustrated.

Thanks for your input on AudioQuest. I really just want to buy that one so I don't have to wait any longer. :B

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Again, although CAT doesn't sell HDMI as yet, open ended Cable requests are not allowed here at HTGuide.

I ask that you limit it to the discussion fo the 3 above ONLY. You can't open ended ask for 25 replies for any cables at HTG.

Lex
        Owner
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Voltron
          • Oct 2004

More trouble.

Sorry. I have to read the rules more carefully because I did not know I was violating them. ops: Editing again to see if I can avoid the problem.

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Your ok at this point, I'm not coming down like attila the hun here. Just trying to point out the cable limitations here. We just don't allow open ended requests for every cable under the sun. I've got to get a set of complete rules up soon, it was located somewhere, but not sure exactly where! I'll correct this though. It is easy for me to forget, we have new members come in all the time.

So, you will understand, I own the forum, CAT Cables, and Quantum Cable.

While I don't sell HDMI, and don't have HDMI experience myself at this piont, I will say, between the above, probably all 3 "ok". Judgement call as to which one. There may be something to the 5 gig bandwidth, not sure on this.

Thank you.
            Doug
            Owner
            Doug

Comment

• Voltron
              • Oct 2004

I fully understand and took no offense. I have to admit that I did not know the forum background and ownership or I would have been more sensitive to the issue. :angel:

Sorry for the newbie mistake. I appreciate the forum generally and your thoughts on this relatively minor, but still costly, purchase.

BTW, I went to check out the CAT and Quantum websites because I still need interconnects and speaker cables. Maybe the silver lining is a new customer after all. :B

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

;x( :bluezoned: Ahhh! Outstanding. Let me say, there are products that are not on the site. Frankly, I've been so busy building product I haven't had time to update my site in a very long time. Thank you for being an understanding chap. I can see you going far in this forum! Yes I can! 8)

1. We have a solid silver digital cable that is very well reviewed.
                2. Kingcats are also available with a nice locking barrel connector with solid silver pin.
                3. Lots of custom cables available from splitters to 1/8" stereo to RCA, etc...

Thank you,
                Doug
                Doug

Comment

• jimmyp58
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Aug 2003

Doug does excellent work!!!
                  jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Voltron
                    • Oct 2004

Thanks Jimmy, I am hoping to find out a lot more about Doug's fine work!

Doug-what is the best way to get up to date info and to discuss what would work for my system? I noticed one review on your site that talked about laying out the details on one's kit, spelling out the cable needs, and then getting some input and recommendations from you. Is that possible, or do you prefer a different method? Would you like me to email you off-forum? Let me know, because I am in the market and would like to get something figured out soon. Any price sheets or promo material that can be emailed as a starting point? Whatever's clever, and works for you. :spin: :rollhead:

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

Al, truly the best place to start is you email me requirements or send me a phone number so I can call you, with preferred times. Either tell me what equipment you have and let me figure the cabling out, or if you are in the know, just tell me what cables you need, what equipment you have for analysis, and I will make recommendation and quote prices.

Jim has been keeping me quit busy lately. He ordered once or twice, then hammered me with a BIG Kingcat order recently, lol. Thanks Jim for the business and recommendation here.

Just email me doug "at" cat*cables*com. Remove first asterick and put t next to c, then add period where second * is to email me.

Why so cryptic? Dang spammers are nailing me a lot lately, so I don't want the spiders picking it up.

Thanks,
                      Doug
                      Doug

Comment

• jimmyp58
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Aug 2003

Glad to be keeping you busy Doug!

Not only does he do fine work but he truly takes the time to understand the application --- thoroughly. For instance, I had never used XLR cables so it is somewhat difficult to explain (it is kind of like a sex-ed class really). In the process of all this, he was building me a 'y' splitter of XLR nature (a mighty fine one if I may add). I wrote to him what I needed, at least a couple of times. He was persistent and kept asking me questions about how/where I was going to install. Thank heavens for his persistence because if I would have stayed true to what I had been telling him, I would have ended up with the wrong cable. Also, he's been a gentleman in understanding the urgency in me receiving some of this big order. He got on it right away and within a day, they were on their way. Thanks Doug!

Jim
                        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Lex
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Apr 2001

Thanks Jim. Yeah, I guess it was 2 days on those cables. I started them on Tuesday, finished on Wednesday, and shipped on Thursday. (6 XLR/RCA cables)

I do always try to think situations through myself, so the more I know about a situation, the better I can tailor the product to your needs. In this case, it's sort of a symantic difference, in that you say male connection, it actually means female connector. etc...

Thanks,
                          Doug
                          Doug

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"