X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rotel&energy
    • May 2004

The Secret Machines

I'm not sure if any of you all are indie rock fans, but I thought I'd throw out a take...

Recently, I purchased Now Here is Nowhere by the Secret Machines. I've been giving this album a lot of play and I really like it. The album has received pretty good reviews and their sound is being compared to Led Zep and Pink Floyd. I definitely think some of the drums sound John Bonham-ish and one track seems Floyd-ish. Not necessarily groundbreaking, but they make a pretty impressive wall of sound for a 3-man-band. It is a great album that sounds excellent on headphones.
    Christopher
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Okay, a power trio that evokes memories of Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd? You've got my attention. . . .

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I agree...Sounds interesting......

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• rotel&energy
        • May 2004

I'm interested to hear what others think of the album. Sometimes it is hard to recommend music b/c people always have different opinions of what "it" sounds "like" and if "it" is any good. Like I said, nothing revolutionary w/ the album, but definitely a promising start for a first album.
        Christopher

Comment

• rotel&energy
          • May 2004

Here's a link to the review that got me interested...

Christopher

Comment

• rotel&energy
            • May 2004

No takes on the band, huh? They are coming into Columbus (45 mintues away) in a few weeks. I'm going to try and check out their live show...should be cool.
            Christopher

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"