X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KMD
    • Apr 2003

Any Tom Russell fans?

Just wondering if thier was any Tom Russell fans (folk) out here?
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Kevin. No, I'm not familiar with Tom Russell. I'm more of a child of the late '60s-through-current rock, with strong leanings toward alternative, jazz and classical.

What else do you listen to?

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• KMD
      • Apr 2003

David, I listen to mostly country with a little southern and classic rock.

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

KMD, Welcome to the Guide!

I'm more of a jazz, r&b, lite rock type. Though I'll venture out from time to time.

I'm sure there are a few other country folks here so, please keep posting and enjoy yourself here!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• dave
          • Aug 2003

Borderland, on Hightone Records, this disc is solid all the way through.
          My favorite cut is Track 3: When Sinatra played Juarez. It's also one of the best recordings in my collection, Highly Recomended!!!

Regards,,, Dave.....

dave
          Dave...

Comment

• KMD
            • Apr 2003

Dave I've been bumping into you alot lately around here. I bet Tom Russell sounds excellent on tubes! About 6yrs ago a part time dj (Barry Wilson was his name) had a 3hour show on small local country radio station.He spotlighted a different artist every day by playing a couple of cuts of this person. Well one of his favorites was Tom Russell's Blue wing from poor mans dream. I happened to like it because of the acoustic guitar an vocals. The very funny part of this story was that it took me close to 5/6yrs to locate the right cd. But when I did, I've became avid fan.Last september Tom and his partner in crime Andrew Hardin played at a small coffee house not too far away my girlfriend and I went to see them .The coffee house endid up being a church ,Tom & Andrew play a acoustic show up on the alter. First concert I've ever been to in a church! Great show. I now have 6 of his cd's. Which I all like but my favorite would be Modern Art with Border Line comming in 2nd.Check out The long way around a lot of live cuts. He is going to be playing in Cambridge Ma. in the middle of this month hope to catch a second time!

Comment

• Bob
              • Jul 2000

I love Tom Russell. L A boy with Irish background and father that worked as a grip in the film business. As much as I like Borderland, my favorites are "A
              Man From God Knows Where", and "The Rose of The San Joaquin".
              The only problem with "A Man From God Knows Where" is that you have to pretty much sit down and listen to the whole cd in one sitting, sort of like "Il Nozze di Figaro".
              If you like Tom Russell may I suggest Greg Brown. Especially "Slant Mind Six" or "A Poet's Game".

Comment

• dave
                • Aug 2003

I'm in total agreement with "Greg Brown" being recommended, in my collection
                I have (If I Had Known,Best of) disc and this one is great.
                Here are a few more for the list.
                #1 Greg Trooper-Floating
                #2 Alan Jackson-Under the Influence
                #3 David Ball- Amigo
                #4 Don Williams- Silver turns to gold
                #5 Lyle Lovett- Joshua Judges Ruth
                #6 Dave Mallett-In the falling dark
                #7 John Hiatt- Bring the family
                #8 John Gorka- The Company You Keep
                #9 Michael Brecker- Nearness of you
                #10 Michael Martin Murphy- (self titled) yes the same guy who did "Wildfire"
                in the 70s
                #11 David Gray- White Ladder
                #12 Tim 'O' Brian-Traveller
                #13 Ray Benson- Beyond Time
                #14 Darden Smith- Little Victories
                #15 Hal Ketchum- The Point Of Rescue

Hope this list helps Regards Dave...
                Dave...

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"