X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cotrel
    • Feb 2004

Hell Freezes Over

Like many, I feel that the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" dvd is one of the best out there. I originally bought the PCM version due to lack of a DTS decoder. I recently bought a Rotel RSX 1055. When I load the PCM version, the menu gives a choice between DTS and PCM, when I select DTS the 1055 goes to DTS mode and indicates the playback is in DTS. I just bought the DTS version (not yet played). Can someone tell me what is the difference in the two versions, if DTS is an option on the PCM version, why was a DTS version necessary??
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hello Cotrel, And welomce to the guide!

I don't own the HFO dvd. I do own the DTS cd though! 8) And I do have a DTS sampler disc, which has a nice cilp from the HFO dvd (Hotel California)

As I read on the Amazon website, the only track on the PCM version that is DTS is the bonus track "Seven Bridges Road" So, I too am a little confused as to what is going on with your copy.

It maybe some part of a 2ch downmix of the DTS track or something. But I'm only guessing. I'll see if I can track something down on it.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"