X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadman
    • Sep 2003

Eagles DTS

any body tryed this Eagles DTS hell freezes over its not decoded
    at all only in strereo I get with the 1098 any tricks I can use?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

If it's not an a DTS issue (the only one I think is with DTS-ES) make sure your DVD is set to output DTS (most default to no), and make sure you let the disc load when you put it in. I know if you go to the menu, or hit play it defaults to the PCM stereo track. It only gives you the DTS choice the first time you put it in and let it load automatically.

Kevin D.

Comment

• cadman
      • Sep 2003

well I get DTS from other DVDs like Gladiator ,Eric Clapton live on tour
      Diana Krall but not with Eagles its an older one maybe? but I was decoding it before with a reciver (marantz sr8200) I just updated to rotel 1098 thanks

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Could be an additional DTS error in the 1098. Anyone else out there with a 1098 have the Eagles DTS disc? Need to try it.. (works fine in my 1066)

Kevin D.

Comment

• greggz
          • Jun 2002

Just for clarification purposes, are you sure you have the DTS version of the Eagles DVD? There are 2 versions of it. On one version the whole disc is available in DTS and on another version ONLY the bonus track is DTS.

The disc that is all DTS has a black bar on the top of the cover art and the DTS logo.

The other disc that only has the bonus track in DTS just has the DTS logo on the back in the info area.

If you've got the right disc and you've got your DVD player setup to output DTS as digital (not PCM), and you're connected to the 1098 with either Toslink or digital coax, then I am stumped and defer to someone with a 1098 to test this out and confirm there is an issue.

Gregg
          Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• lcajiga
            • Aug 2003

Hi, I have the DTS version of the Eagles and I can listen to it in full DTS. I have no problem at all. ALso I can listen to it in PCM 2 channels. BTW, I have the Laser Disc version in PCM and the sound is better than the DTS one. Heck, the PCM included in the DTS disk sound better for me. There are some sound gizmos in some parts of the concert...some wood noises that are not heard in the PCM versions (DVD and LD).

Regards,
            Luis

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"
            Regards,
            Luis

http://www.luiscajiga.com/HT.htm

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"

Comment

• cadman
              • Sep 2003

well thanks for the info greggz I got it working now

but I do have the second picture that you sent and it work in DTS
              I was not picking the correct one in the menu of the DVD
              thanks for the info you guys are relly good

Comment

• cadman
                • Sep 2003

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"