X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Fleetwood Mac The Dance

I picked up the above Music Video last weekend. I usually listen to music in my living room, but since this was a video I watched it in my HT on the big 8 foot screen. Now the PQ was nothing to rave about; most live shows have weird lighting, but the soundtrack was fabulous. The percussion really made my HT rock. The video is just under 2 hours but it just whizzed on by. I will be watching this again soon.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

George - Is this a re-mastered new edition or did you pick up the one that has been out for several years now? (I'm guessing the latter, since the video picture has never been anything to write home about but the sound has always been impressive.) Interesting you single out the percussion for mention -- if the system's subwoofers have any oomph at all, when the kickdrum takes a hit, you don't need "bass shakers" to feel a punch in the gut. ;>) I'm still trying to figure out what the marching band adds to the proceedings, since they don't dance, :>) but what the hey? It's a fun album -- good system demo material, at least for the sound.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

It's the 1997 one, Burke. And you're right, you don't need bass shakers with this disc. Of course I've always found Fleetwood stuff percssion driven. Probably because Mick Fleetwood is a drummer.

The marching band didn't add anything, but ot was probably a crowd pleaser for the audience.

I particularly liked it when Stevie and Lindsay were featured together. That old spark of emotion was definitely there.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I only have the CD, not the DVD, but oh yeah, I can listen to Landslide and Silver Springs over and over again. What nice music.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Bam!
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2004

George!

I have to agree GREAT DVD! That DVD was one of my first and even though my mother killed it it is one of the best DVD`s out!

I bought Peter Frampton Live In Detroit...Amazing..if all DVD were like those two I would have hundreds...but unfortunatley they are not as I have been burnt too many times now I wait for people to say that a DVD is GOOD!!!

David you have to get it...no choice..have to!

Take care boys!

Bam!
          Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Geez, guys, you made me add ANOTHER DVD to my Amazon.com wish list. That thing is like 7 pages long now or something. :roll:

Interesting that you mention tactile transducers in relation to this DVD in particular. Incidentally, Mick Fleetwood is one of the performing users of the Clark Synthesis TST's that I use in my theater seating.

CHRIS
            Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Bam!
              even though my mother killed it it is one of the best DVD`s out!

Was mom feeling testy? :B

David - HTGuide flunky
              Our "Theater"
              Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Bam!
                Super Senior Member
                • Jan 2004

Hey David!

Yeah she takes a cd or DVD and plays it over and over and over again `till you want to just take the cd and use it a frisbee :evil:

Whoooa I feel better...hey bud how come I don`t see much of you in TTP?

Take care!

Bam!
                Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"