This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave
    • Aug 2003

Hmmm,, I don't have a clue on the channel changing situation, Sorry... Regards, Dave...
    Dave...

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Yeah, I moved to Alaska, although I'm doing a tour in Iraq right now.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• dave
        • Aug 2003

Chris, our prayers are with you! thank you for your service to our country and thank all who are there in Iraq with you as well. God bless Chris. Kind regards, from Dave & Becky...
        Dave...

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
          Yeah, I moved to Alaska, although I'm doing a tour in Iraq right now.
          Thank you for all you do for our Country
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Hey there Dave! How've you been?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• dave
              • Aug 2003

Hangin in there Dave! I am a little closer to Texas now, roughly 6 hrs. Are you still collecting music? I hope all is well with you Buddy... regards, Dave...
              Dave...

Comment

• Sharp 1080
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by David Meek
                George is right! He didn't have any money for a left-handed guitar so he simply bought a right-hand model, turned it upside down and didn't even re-string it. My source is a good friend (musician) who studied lots of guitar "greats".

Next. . . .

David - HTGuide flunky
                Our "Theater"
                Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

His father bought him his first guitar.That second part is not true. The guitars he owned he restrung. It was common for him to play a right handed guitar "upside down".In fact he played the bass guitar that way on All along the Watchtower. Noel Redding the Bass player had walked out. My source is better than your source. I have also been a fan since 1970!

Comment

• Sharp 1080
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by itssmoke
                  heres a hendrix question. kinda vague but.... a major recording artist of the 1950's wanted to sign hendrix when he first heard him perform in the 60's , some referred to this guy as " wizard". who was he?
                  Les Paul!!!

Edit I stated reading the thread from the begining. :B

Comment

• Sharp 1080
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by itssmoke
                    hey ,,, come on guys ,, ive got a couple pretty good trivia questions posted for your entertainment. ill give a couple more clues. on the first question : the MOST popular band of the 1960's to never have a number 1 hit ? clue, this bands front man went on to a sucessful solo career, recording several albums, one of which he played every instrument and all vocals single handedly. second question: a major recording artist of the 1950's wanted to sign hendrix the first time he heard him in the 60's ... some call this guy "wizard".. ? clue , hendrix used a few of this guys inventions on every recording and live show he did. i should say that he wanted to sign hendrix but did not...
                    Jimi Hendix used devices built by Roger Mayer. Slightly modified Fuzz Face and the Octavia which was used on Purple Haze.

Comment

• chasw98
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Sharp 1080
                      I have also been a fan since 1970!
                      i saw him play at the Shoreham ballroom on Connecticut Avenue in Washington, DC at age 16. Approx 1968! Ending up seeing him later that night at a 'Little Tavern' hamburger stand in Georgetown. One of the best shows of my life!

Chuck

Comment

• Sharp 1080
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by chasw98
                        i saw him play at the Shoreham ballroom on Connecticut Avenue in Washington, DC at age 16. Approx 1968! Ending up seeing him later that night at a 'Little Tavern' hamburger stand in Georgetown. One of the best shows of my life!

Chuck
                        That's so cool. I tried to get my dad to let me see him at the LA Forum on 25 April 1970. My only chance at 11 years old! :B

Comment

• Sharp 1080
                          • Dec 2009

Jimi playing guitar with Mike Nesmith watching.

Comment

• Manning
                            • Oct 2012

Cool. A nine year old thread. I have one. What was the name of the original drummer for the Beatles before Ringo Starr took the sticks? And as a bonus question, what was their original band name?

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"