X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Movie Trivia Thread

We've had some fun in our music subforum with music trivia. I really enjoy movie trivia, so let's try it out here. Ask or answer, let's talk about movie trivia.

I'll start with a new question I developed today:

Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino, two great actors, have appeared together in only two movies. Interestingly enough, they only appear in the same scene together in only ONE movie! Name the two movies.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Sithlord
    • Aug 2004

I will have a go and say Heat (In same scene together) and The Godfather Part 2.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Wow, that was a fast one. Yup, the reason that they weren't in the same scene in Godfather II was that DeNiro played Pacino's father (Marlon Brando) as a young man.

Okay, ummmmm... who played Cougar's WSO "Merlin" in Top Gun, that rides with Tom Cruise in the final dogfight scene?

"I'm bringing him in closer, Merlin."

"You're gonna do WHAT?"
      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
        • May 2003

Unless i'm mistaken, that would be a younger Tim Robbins.
        His callsign should have been "Nuke!"
        heh heh
        Not exactly the breakout role for him
        "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
        -Dark Helmet

Comment

• autio
          • Mar 2005

Who played the part of Lassie (the girl that would start to howl at the most intimate of moments) in the 1982 academy award winning movie "porkys". okay maybe it didnt win an academy award but I was only 14 when it came out so my memory is kinda blurry.

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
            • May 2004

Kim Kattrel(sp)?

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Wow, we've got some sharks here! Who played Bob Falfa in American Graffitti? Now, no cheating. No IMDB or Googling, okay?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• autio
                • Mar 2005

Kim Kattrel(sp)? give that man a cigar!! Harrison ford was in american graffitti (I was reminded on this very forum the other day in a subwoofer thread!

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Originally posted by autio
                  Who played the part of Lassie (the girl that would start to howl at the most intimate of moments) in the 1982 academy award winning movie "porkys". okay maybe it didnt win an academy award but I was only 14 when it came out so my memory is kinda blurry.
                  Funny, that very scene was on TV last night when I started this thread.

Okay, since Top Gun was the first movie that my family owned when I was a kid, and I watched it a billion times, here's another one:

What is the first spoken line in Top Gun by any person?
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Sithlord
                    • Aug 2004

Easy one it's "Morning Scott" said by a guy walking onto the bridge of the carrier.

Comment

• Sithlord
                      • Aug 2004

Ok heres one. What big action star other than the Rock had a small part(about 3secs) in the movie The Rundown?

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Sithlord
                        Ok heres one. What big action star other than the Rock had a small part(about 3secs) in the movie The Rundown?
                        Awwnold the Terminator. :P
                        My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Let's get a little more esoteric then. What's the name of the big-brother "corporation" in the Alien/Aliens series of movies?

Comment

• Alloroc
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by David Meek
                            Let's get a little more esoteric then. What's the name of the big-brother "corporation" in the Alien/Aliens series of movies?
                            My kinda question..... Weyland-Yutani Corporation, or 'The Company' as it was called in the movies......
                            Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
                              • May 2003

That would be the Weyland Corporation.
                              I love the story tie in, and the fact that The Bishop android character was physically modelled after Weyland himself. Good thinking from the continuity people.
                              Hudson and Hicks always made me laugh too.

Speaking of Hudson and Hicks...
                              What was the first film that saw Paxton, Biehn and Henriksen together on the credit list?

or Another one:
                              What was the next movie that saw Bill Paxton together again with Lance Henriksen?

cheers,
                              Mikey
                              P.S. forget Kevin Bacon, as far as 6 degrees goes, Paxton is just as good. Henriksen is actually quite useful too, for that game. The man is the KING of horror movies. PumpkinHead is case in point
                              -Dark Helmet

Comment

• Chris D
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Dec 2000

Leef, you're talking about the Terminator, methinks.

Next one: this one bugged me for a long time, watching the movie. You know the kind where you just can't place one of the actors or actresses? The main character girl in Napoleon Dynamite, that becomes good friends with Napoleon and has a ponytail sticking out the side of her head--what other movie did she star in many years prior?

(sithlord, good one on Top Gun! Many people think it's "talk to me, Goose", by Maverick)
                                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Sithlord
                                  • Aug 2004

Chris I have seen that Movie like hmmm too many times but hey it's a classic. George well done on Arnold I quite liked that quick cameo. Ok this is for the Star Trek fans. What famous director made an appearance in the last movie (hope not) on the bridge of the Enterprise when it was being attacked?
                                  Last edited by Sithlord; 24 March 2006, 00:25 Friday.

Comment

• Alloroc
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Dec 2005

[QUOTE=Leef DaLucky]That would be the Weyland Corporation.
                                    I love the story tie in, and the fact that The Bishop android character was physically modelled after Weyland himself. Good thinking from the continuity people.

QUOTE]

Hi,

Not trying to be pedantic or anything, but hey, we're geeks, well I am anyway and it's what geeks do!

In 'Alien' timeline, the company was named 'Weyland Corporation' for Aliens vs. Predator.

However further into the future, for later movies(bar Resurection), it was called the Weyland-Yutani Corporation. For Resurection, the Company ceases to exist - an interstellar international political military force called "United Systems Military" now controls all aspects of previous Weyland Yutani involvement

Here's some trivia - The name of Weyland-Yutani was introduced by Ridley Scott, which was named after his old neighbors. He them hated with a passion, so it resulted in him deciding to name the evil "company" after them!
                                    Vincent.

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
                                      • May 2003

Yep Chris, terminator it is.
                                      Funny how you go back, watch some older movie and see today's star as yesterday's "bit part".

The second movie, was of course, Near Dark. Excellent flick that had both Henriksen and Paxton together again as Roving Vampires tearing around the countryside in an RV.
                                      Hey actually, come to think about it, I think the Lead guy in that flick, Caleb, was Also in Top Gun. Talk about 6 degrees of separation.

cheers,
                                      Mikey
                                      -Dark Helmet

Comment

• audioqueso
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Alloroc
                                        Here's some trivia - The name of Weyland-Yutani was introduced by Ridley Scott, which was named after his old neighbors. He them hated with a passion, so it resulted in him deciding to name the evil "company" after them!
                                        I've been a big fan of the Aliens series myself (except I hated Aliens Resurrection). However, is that a question or a statement, Alloroc? lol
                                        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Alloroc
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by audioqueso
                                          I've been a big fan of the Aliens series myself (except I hated Aliens Resurrection). However, is that a question or a statement, Alloroc? lol
                                          It could have been a good question, if I was thinking straight! :roll:
                                          Vincent.

Comment

• audioqueso
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Nov 2004

That was a good one though. I've seen Alien and Aliens about 20-30 each, and I had to think hard to recall that information.

Ok, here's a question for comedy buffs. The this movie.

"...your birthmark looks like shit!"

Comment

• Chris D
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Dec 2000

Okay, we've got three trivia questions going at the same time now. While that might be okay, this could get confusing. Let's say:

1. Use boldface if you're asking a trivia question.

2. If you're answering a trivia question, use boldface and quote the question.

So, to repost my latest question, The main character girl in Napoleon Dynamite, that becomes good friends with Napoleon and has a ponytail sticking out the side of her head--what other movie did she star in many years prior?
                                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Chris D
                                                The main character girl in Napoleon Dynamite, that becomes good friends with Napoleon and has a ponytail sticking out the side of her head--what other movie did she star in many years prior?
                                                Corina Corina!
                                                I remembered when I saw Nepoleon Dynamite it was killing me cause I knew her face. She also did that movie with the sealion. I only remember the song. I think the name was Andre.

Now answer my trivia question. lol
                                                Last edited by Chris D; 21 July 2015, 22:10 Tuesday.

Comment

• Chris D
                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                  • Dec 2000

Wow, way to go! I didn't think anybody would pull out her more obscure appearances. The one I was actually thinking of was "Waterworld".

She was the girl with the tattoo on her back that told the way to dry land. That just bugged the snot out of me as I watched Napoleon Dynamite. I couldn't place where I had seen her before.

Sorry, audioqueso, I don't know the answer to your question!
                                                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Nov 2004

Wow, way to go! I didn't think anybody would pull out her more obscure appearances. The one I was actually thinking of was "Waterworld".
                                                    Oh yeahhhh... she was in that movie too. I only saw it once.
                                                    That was a good one though. Most people that saw Napoleon Dynamite with me didn't figure it out.

"...your birthmark looks like shit!"

And the answer is......
                                                    Superstar!!!!
                                                    Last edited by Chris D; 21 July 2015, 22:10 Tuesday.

Comment

• David Meek
                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                      • Aug 2000

Okay, for the "corporation name" question, Weyland-Yutani was the answer I was looking for. :T

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Nov 2004

Was it a question? Allroc already mentioned that in two of his posts.

Comment

• Chris D
                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                          • Dec 2000

Perhaps another question? One of my favorite movie trivia questions:

In the original Star Wars trilogy, who was the only non-major character (i.e. Luke, Leia, Vader, etc) to appear in all three films?
                                                          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Alaric
                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                            • Jan 2006

"Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
                                                            Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                                                            Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                                                            Schiit Modi 3
                                                            Marantz CD5005
                                                            Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
                                                              • May 2004

Originally posted by Alaric
                                                              "Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
                                                              Resevoir Dogs

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
                                                                • May 2003

Chris..
                                                                i gotta go with one of 3 answers.
                                                                3po, R2, or Chewie.
                                                                yes all 3 of these were in all the movies.
                                                                as far as NON-leading actors go.
                                                                If yer talking bit parts, well, then its Wedge.I think he ran the entire series. As a matter of fact, i think he was there in the ewok village shaking Luke's hand after all was said and done.

cheers,
                                                                Mikey.

P.S. Han did shoot first.
                                                                Aint he cool for doing it too?!
                                                                -Dark Helmet

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                                  • Dec 2000

Yup, Leef, you're right--Wedge is the ONLY non-major character to appear in all 3 original trilogy movies. Okay, so let's take this one step further--

Who is(are) the only character(s) to appear in all SIX Star Wars movies?
                                                                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• dyazdani
                                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                                    • Oct 2005

Obi wan, R2D2, and Yoda maybe? I guess Annakin/Darth if you count them as one. I'm no good at movie trivia, I'd have to cheat and look it up to be sure...
                                                                    Danish

Comment

• David Meek
                                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                                      • Aug 2000

Yup, Leef, you're right--Wedge is the ONLY non-major character to appear in all 3 original trilogy movies. Okay, so let's take this one step further--

Who is(are) the only character(s) to appear in all SIX Star Wars movies?
                                                                      That would be Anakin/Darth and Obi-Wan. Obi Wan was in all 6 as he could be heard talking to Luke in Empire and Return. Actually he could be seen as a fleeting "ghost" in both those episodes, also.
                                                                      Last edited by Chris D; 26 May 2016, 22:44 Thursday.

Comment

• dyazdani
                                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by David Meek
                                                                        That would be Anakin/Darth.
                                                                        That's the only one I was sure of, I thought the other 3 I mentioned might have been close to all 6...
                                                                        Danish

Comment

• David Meek
                                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                                          • Aug 2000
                                                                          • 8938

I edited my post to include Obi-Wan after thinking about it.

Comment

• Sithlord
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Aug 2004
                                                                            • 285

Ok looks like my second question got missed so here it is again

Ok this is for the Star Trek fans. What famous director made an appearance in the last movie Nemesis (hope not) on the bridge of the Enterprise when it was being attacked?
                                                                            Last edited by Sithlord; 28 March 2006, 03:30 Tuesday.

Comment

• dyazdani
                                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                                              • Oct 2005
                                                                              • 7032

#39
                                                                              Ok looks like my second question got missed so here it is again

Ok this is for the Star Trek fans. What famous director made an appearance in the last movie Resurrection (hope not) on the bridge of the Enterprise when it was being attacked?
                                                                              I thought the last full movie was Nemesis? Or did you mean Insurrection instead of Resurrection? Or am I too dumb to see the trick you just played on us? ops:
                                                                              Danish

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                • Dec 2000
                                                                                • 16877

#40
                                                                                Actually, by my count, it should be Vader/Anakin, Obi-Wan, and R2-D2. Would others disagree?
                                                                                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• dyazdani
                                                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                  • Oct 2005
                                                                                  • 7032

#41
                                                                                  Actually, by my count, it should be Vader/Anakin, Obi-Wan, and R2-D2. Would others disagree?
                                                                                  I guessed those three plus Yoda, but re-thinking it I guess he wasn't in Ep. IV...so I agree with you Chris.
                                                                                  Last edited by Chris D; 26 May 2016, 22:45 Thursday.
                                                                                  Danish

Comment

• Sithlord
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Aug 2004
                                                                                    • 285

#42
                                                                                    Sorry my bad I have adjusted the name to Nemesis. So does anyone know the answer?

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Nov 2004
                                                                                      • 1930

#43
                                                                                      Yoda wasn't in Episode 4. But I agree RPO, R2D2, and Obi-wan. Anakin and Darth as supposively one character, but according to the movie, it's different personalities different 'characters'.

Comment

• dyazdani
                                                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                        • Oct 2005
                                                                                        • 7032

#44
                                                                                        Sorry my bad I have adjusted the name to Nemesis. So does anyone know the answer?
                                                                                        I do know the answer, however; I cheated a bit to get it...
                                                                                        Danish

Comment

• Alloroc
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Dec 2005
                                                                                          • 2580

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by dyazdani
                                                                                          I do know the answer, however; I cheated a bit to get it...
                                                                                          I know the answer too. Didn't cheat, but it's such a good question, I don't want to give it away too soon....... I really like this guys stuff......
                                                                                          Vincent.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          😀
                                                                                          😂
                                                                                          🥰
                                                                                          😘
                                                                                          🤢
                                                                                          😎
                                                                                          😞
                                                                                          😡
                                                                                          👍
                                                                                          👎
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"