New Fleetwood Mac

Anybody listened to it yet? Any good?

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Awwwww man, I was hoping YOU'D tell US. I've picked it up twice at Best Buy and put it back down. . .

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I may get this. But will it be worthwhile ? Hoping to read somebody's impression here.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

I did buy it, but it's unopened at this point- So, you have to wait some more! :LOL:

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
        Doug

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Well, hurry up for heaven's sake. Enquiring minds wanna know. . . . :yesnod:

David - HTGuide flunky
          Our "Theater"
          Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Hmmmmph, got tired of waiting on the old codgers around here to get moving, so I went out and bought this album myself. Got the 2 CD version which has 4 extra songs on the second disc. I like it. I've only listened to it through once and haven't played the second CD yet, but it's good solid Fleetwood Mac-music! I'll give it a more serious listen and get back with details. . . .

For now, it gets :35: out of :5:.

David - HTGuide flunky
            Our "Theater"
            Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Well, I did listen this weekend. My impressions were less than sterling. Rumors it's not. It was my opinion that they got caught up so much in "techno pyrics" at times they forgot the music.

I found the recording quality less than 1st rate as well, and Stevie's voice has seen better days.

Would I buy it again? Probably not. I'm still hesitant to blast it, I know people's listening pleasures vary, as David's did. I'll listen again a couple of times before saying my final words...

Lex
              Doug

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Oh, one qualifier here: I've only listened to this in my vehicle as my drive time is the best extended period I have. Unfortunately, this isn't that good an indicator of musical quality so that'll have to wait on a "home" session.

David - HTGuide flunky
                Our "Theater"
                Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

I've only listened to this in my vehicle as my drive time is the best extended period I have
                  Then you really haven't listened to it at all, have you? :LOL:

Lex
                  Doug

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

After some extended listening sessions, I've knocked my rating back a notch or so. There's nothing spectacular here, just solid Mac music with a heavy push towards the Stevie Nicks/Lindsay Buckingham side of things. Not much lead from Christine or John McVie. the second disk is just 4 "bonus" songs of which 2 are all right. I liked about half the tunes overall.

On the main system at home, the music seems a bit "compressed" without the full extension and detail of most of their other efforts. Also, the clarity isn't quite what I expected either.

Overall I'm giving it a :25: out of :5:.

David - HTGuide flunky
                    Our "Theater"
                    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"