• frasse74
    • May 2004

sound and minds with C2

Hi all..

Now after some hard weeks at work i can finaly write down
    how it feels after my upgrade "almost"
    My upgrade was that i change my preamp from the Avc 2500 to the
    Halo C2 for those who dont know and my other parts in my system is
    Amp Parasound 2205 ,Cd Mhzs cd 88e with TAD RT030TAD E83cc/7025-CZ tubes, speakers Jamo Concert 11 and cables is Choseal YF-238 to speakers
    analog is Straight Wire chorus and for digital i use belden 1694a and at last
    ölmass powercables with Oyaide plugs..
    The sound after this change has grown a lot everything sounds much wider and higher "not levels".
    2-channel listning the first i heard was that the midrange and the higher levels are so much clearer and the voices sounderd more open and it last longer,instruments are more in fixed poses and they sound right from the place where they are stand and playing so you can feel where they are and when they walk around . The base is much tighter and dinstict and it comes at the right spot all times..
    Multichannel/Cinema first this was that it sounded like i have a bigger room,all sounds much wider and the voices are placed more natural so the dialog feels much closer and i come much closer to the actors.Sound effects are placed so much better in the right channel and the soundmix betwen front and rear speaker feels much better and the sound from the rear channel are more close to me and it feels when some one open the door behind you...

Its hard to translate my feelings and inpressions to first Swedish and after that to English "so you understand" for a amateur reviewer.
    This upgrade was big step forward and some things are good and bad after this and the bad ones is that i hear more things that i can improve on my system.

Music i have played was Sophie zelmani-Precious Burden,Sophie zelmani-Sing and dance,Sophie zelmani-A decade of dreams 1995-2005.laura Pausini-Le Cose Che Vivi.Dire Straits-Brothers in arms.Dire Straits-On every street.
    Megadeth-Countdown to Extinction(Gold Cd).The Coors-Talk on Corners.
    Fleetwood Mac-The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac.Tracy Chapman-debut album.
    Movies Ice Age,Heat,Stardust,We own The Night,Starwars..

And much more music and movies has gone by my ears .

Thanks Peter again ;x(

frasse74 :T
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

:T

(I need to get some of that media... I have Countdown to Extinction on CD, but have been wondering if the upgrade to the Gold version would be worth it)
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"