X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

A Couple Of New CD's

Rummaging through BestBuy Friday, I found a new release by Def Leppard titled "X". They are one of the few groups I'll buy sight-un-seen (heard?). Turned out to be good standard Def Leppard fare - good stories, good harmonies, good guitar and drums - nothing earth shattering, but if you are a fan, you'll like it.

Also picked up Mark Knopfler's new one Sailing To Philadelphia. Just threw it in the player here at work. Good stuff through the first 4 tracks. Excellent guitar (oh yeah, big surprise) - a bit folksy-bluesy in style. Oooh, track 4, Baloney Again is going to get a re-listen. Damn - can this guy pick a guitar, or what?

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • Eduardo
    Moderator emeritus
    • Jun 2002

If you haven't heard ;x( Victor Wooten you have to pick up one of his CD's. I just got 'A Show of Hands' :T . The man is a God on bass guitar. He is also the bass player for Bella Fleck and has won a couple of Grammy's. Definitely check him out.

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Hey Tex, glad to see you picked up Sailing To Philadelphia. I play this one a lot.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Robbie
        • Aug 2000

I had heard a song off of Sailing To Philadelphia and liked it. Was looking for a review, maybe i'll have to get a better listen.

Robbie

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"