X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeK
    • Aug 2000

The Guitar Lesson

I watched a fascinating documentary last night called "It might get loud" In it Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White all tell their stories of how they became involved in music and why they love the electric guitar. This is a must see for any guitar lover.

3/4 of the way through the film the three are sitting around chatting and Jimmy Page straps on his Les Paul and rips into "Whole Lotta Love". Besides giving me goosebumps, the reaction of the other two top notch, famous in their own rite guitarists is priceless.

The Edge stands in reverence and Jack White sets his guitar aside and stares on like a giddy school boy.

Imagine what it would be like to be so great that the upper class of your peers melt when you play. WOW

Here is the scene....but the entire film is well worth watching, and it is available via Netflix streaming.

YouTube- Rock Guitar Lesson - It Might Get Loud

Enjoy life.

Mike
  • MikeK
    • Aug 2000

Perhaps this should be in the "In tune" section? If so, please feel free to move it.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Fascinating! Thanks so much. I've added this to my Netflix Queue. The Edge is my favorite guitarist (although there are better, more techincal players out there) and I gotta bow to Jimmy Page. I gotta wonder about the third, though. Jack White? I would have rather liked to have seen another true "great", like Van Halen, Beck, Vaughn, or others.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"