X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

Guitar Hero III

It's out as of yesterday! I picked up a PS3 version with the new controller shortly after the local game store opened. Below is a brief, inital review.

The first thing I noticed upon opening the box is that the guitar was in two pieces. The truss/neck has to be inserted into the body. There is a locking mechanism to keep it intact. I was concerned that there would be some slop, but it is solid. The guitar feels very nice compared to the early models in GH1 and 2. The strum button is smoother and the guitar has a better weight to it. You also have the ability to change out the top piece of the guitar body. I'm assuming there will be a lot of custom plates for sale soon.

More to come...
    Last edited by dyazdani; 29 October 2007, 13:22 Monday.
    Danish
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Yeah! I think you're right, Dan, that we'll be seeing a lot of faceplates shortly.

Now, I am hearing about lag in the wireless controller for the PS3, which can become a problem in the really fast-moving songs. I'll be interested to hear if you experience anything like that. I've been planning on picking up GH3 this week, but we'll have to see, if there's lag problems.

Now, something that's very disappointing to me, is that apparently even if you get GH3 with the controller for the PS3, you still can not play the older Guitar Hero 1 and 2 titles on the PS3. I was really hoping to do this.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• dyazdani
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
      Now, I am hearing about lag in the wireless controller for the PS3, which can become a problem in the really fast-moving songs. I'll be interested to hear if you experience anything like that. I've been planning on picking up GH3 this week, but we'll have to see, if there's lag problems.
      I have not noticed the first issue with lag..

Now, something that's very disappointing to me, is that apparently even if you get GH3 with the controller for the PS3, you still can not play the older Guitar Hero 1 and 2 titles on the PS3. I was really hoping to do this.
      I too am bummed about this!
      Danish

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

Playing the game, you'll notice the same general format as past versions. The graphics are a little cleaner and there are some mini-cartoons prior to each section of the career. Again, songs are grouped into sections. One major difference here, some sections end with Encores as in the past, but 3 of them end with guitar battles against rock "legends." Tricky sometime, but passable.

The notes are slightly easier to hit than I remember in GH2, but on the flip side, the songs are more complex. I feel that it is more fun overall, certainly not much easier. The early songs are fairly simple, but it makes up for it near the end. The "bonus" track after completing the career is CRAZY.
        Danish

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"