• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Ridin the Train!

That's the Coltrane!

This weekend, after being totally in awe of John's sax work on Miles Davis Kind of Blue recently, I decided to give a couple of Mr. Coltrane's solo album efforts a try. (Is jazz ever really solo?)

Anyway, I remembered from way back when that John Coltrane's Blue Train was a highly regarded classic. Let me tell you, whoever I remembered saying that, they were very right! Oh wow, what a wonderful jazz CD. Just the right pace, not overbearing at all. It's just downright some of the best jazz you will ever hear. Sure, it's more uptempo than Kind of Blue. But that's ok too, we like a bit of variety. Excellent Jazz CD. :5:

Also, I picked up one called Coltrane for Lovers. Fairly nice CD. Not on par with Blue Train. But a nice mood piece. Of course, the mode for loving. There is some vocals with this one. Sort of surprised me really when the deep voice came on. After only 1 listen, I can't say exactly how much I like this CD yet. But it's a keeper none the less.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

As it turns out, this CD is called an Enhanced CD for PCs. I was very surprised when I started looking at the CD directory. I saw a setup program. I said huh? lol. I was just looking to see tracks. Turns out, I just didn't read the cover to good, cause it was well documented that it was an enhanced CD. Has sort of a documentary, and I guess you can play the music too. I loaded it up, but haven't really done much with it yet.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I stumble across one every now and then that is "enhanced". It is always suprising what they choose to put on them. It's a nice plus for the PC user.

I am ashamed to say that I have No Coltrane in my collection. ops: This sounds like a good one to start with.

When I saw your first post about Miles and Coltrane, I keep thinking about the scene from "Jerry McGuire" with the babysitter....funny as hell!!!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"