X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Diana Krall Fans...

Diana picked up a Juno Award ( this is the Canadian version of the Grammy) for her Look Of Love album.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

This is an update to the above. Apparently she won 3 Juno Awards. Two in different categories for her Look Of Love album, and the third for best artist of the year.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I was unaware of this award. But, she is a great artist (a little cocky though) and deserves to be recognized. Good for her.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

I was thinking she's a little hot.

Actually, the Look of Love may not be her best album ever. Critics overall were very hard on it, saying the ballads were to slow, etc... But it's still a very listenable CD, and I like it myself. I just think she's the sexiest thing to grab a microphone in a long time, and that voice, so seductive.

Way to go Diana on the award! :4:

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I couldn't agree more,Lex.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• P-Dub
            Office Moderator
            • Aug 2000

Are people aware that Diana has a DVD out?

Edition Details:
            • Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
            • DTS Surround Sound, Dolby Digital
            • Recorded live at the Paris Olympia, December 2, 2001
            • Songs: Love Being Here, All or Nothing, Let's Fall In Love, The Look of Love, Maybe You'll Be There, Deed I Do, Devil May Care, Cry Me a River, Under My Skin, East of the Sun, I Get Along, Pick Yourself Up, S'Wonderful, Love Letters, I Don't Know Enough About You, Do It Again, A Case of You
            • Music videos for "The Look of Love" and "Let's Face the Music and Dance"
            • Rehearsal footage featuring "Do It Again," "The Look of Love," and "Love Letters"
            • Widescreen anamorphic format

I've had a chance to sample a few tracks and it is really a great DVD.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
            Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Great news Paul! That one will be an easy add to the collection.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
              "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

I first saw this on CBC tv and loved it. Now I gotta have it on dvd.

My Homepage!
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

I'm standing in line now for my copy, but the line is long! I hope they don't run out before I get up there. Signing off from my palm web access, as I am almost there! JK

I will try and pick this up though!

Lex
                  Doug
                  "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Bing Fung
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Aug 2000

I absolutely love Diana! She sings so sultry like, is a very good pianist with an unmistakable style of play (tickles the keys), and she is pretty & sexy on top of all that.

The DVD is highly recommended. It really gives me an appreciation for how good these musicians are. Simply incredible the control they have on tempo, timing and crescendo.

The DVD is very much the same concert I seen in Saskatoon.

Bing
                    Bing

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"