Does video increase your musical pleasure or take away from it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Does video increase your musical pleasure or take away from it?

If you had choice and was offered a disc of one with or without video, which one would give "you" the most enjoyment?

A year or so ago, I may have prefered with video. But now that I've learned to better optimize my audio, I would take a plain cd over a dvd (of course all sound being equal) of the same title. Most of the time when I'm doing serious listening, my eyes are closed anyway!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

In most cases I prefer sound only. But I really do like watching video of live performances. The thing is, for pure relaxation, like you I sit with eyes closed and soak up the music.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

given that humans are so visually orientated I find video to be distracting and takes to much away from the audio. For me the best way to "listen" to music is with the lights off in a dark room...and usually later on in the evening when my body starts to wind down and relax

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

George,

Yes a live performance would be the only exception. And on those, I still want pristine sound first!

Andrew,

I thought that I was the only one that like to do it in a dark room! 8)

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"