Mark Knophler

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bob
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2000
    • 800

    #1

    Mark Knophler

    If the Sailing to Philadelphia tour is coming to your home town and, you are a Mark Knophler fan, I would highly reccomend this concert.
    He played the Greek Theater in LA, CA. last night and gave a fun summer evening concert. Much to my surprise he reached way back into all his early Dire Straits albums as well as his more recent stuff. The band played for hours with no breaks except for Mark's witty comments.
    As an added plus Jackson Browne got up on stage and did a duet with Mark and later on Bonnie Raitt got on stage a played a few songs with him and the band. Including a new song that they wrote together that day, a little rough but, much fun.
    Lex,
    I may come pay you another visit. I like to see Bob Dylan as often as possible and this year he isn't playing LA. However, I think he is coming to Knowville. May fly out this summer.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000
    • 16478

    #2
    That sounds like a very cool show!




    Comment

    • SiliGoose
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2000
      • 941

      #3
      He's got a dinosaur named after him.

      Just useless trivia.




      -Sili
      www.campmurphy.net

      Comment

      • Lex
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Apr 2001
        • 27460

        #4
        Bob, that sounds positively exciting! I have never seen a Bob Dylan show and would love to go. I haven't heard of Bob Dylan coming, but that don't mean it isn't so. Let me put my ear to the ground. I missed this thread early on, so I hope it's not to late!

        I kept telling you guys Knoxville is a happening place. Just nobody believed me. lol.




        Cable Guy DVD Collection
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

        Comment

        Related Topics

        Collapse

        • bigburner
          The Rolling Stones - Sweet Summer Sun, Hyde Park Live [Blu-ray] (2013)
          by bigburner
          44 years to the day after they first played in Hyde Park (London) The Rolling Stones have returned to give us a remarkable concert at the same location on a blissful London Spring afternoon/evening. I know what London weather is like and on days like this there is no better place in the world to be....
          02 December 2013, 06:31 Monday
        • Sonnie Parker
          David Gilmour In Concert
          by Sonnie Parker
          One sentence: If you like Pink Floyd and you like guitar pickin' you will love this DVD because it is absolutely great.



          David Gilmour In Concert
          Cast: Bob Geldof, David Gilmour, Robert Wyatt
          Genre: Concert / Music
          Sound Format: 5.1
          Studio:...
          15 August 2003, 10:29 Friday
        • Chris D
          Chris Botti concert, new album, and jazz classics
          by Chris D



          I went to Chris's concert tonight in Anchorage, Alaska, and it was absolutely amazing. I'd have to say it was one of the top 3 concerts I've ever been to. It was certainly fun, but the concert was especially tops for all-out, max quality music that was exceptionally tight. Chris's...
          22 April 2012, 08:09 Sunday
        • wkhanna
          Bonnie Raitt
          by wkhanna
          According to an article I saw in the Washington Post, Bonnie Raitt is releasing her first album in seven years.
          Slipstream” is due out April 10.

          Sadly, AFAIK, no vinyl is being offered.
          With the many affiliations she has with musical powerhouses such a Ry Cooter &...
          04 January 2012, 16:57 Wednesday
        • Andrew Pratt
          Mark Knopfler hurt
          by Andrew Pratt
          Mark Knopfler hurt in crash
          LONDON (AP) -- Former Dire Straits lead singer Mark Knopfler broke six ribs and a collarbone in a motorcycle accident and will be unable to perform at a London concert later this month, his agent said Tuesday.

          Publicist Judy Shaw of Mercury Records...
          18 March 2003, 18:59 Tuesday
        • Loading...
        • No more items.
        Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"