X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AwArEnEsS
    • Nov 2009

Are booms intented in some songs?

In some songs,with the receiver's bass settings set to "0",even "-4" I still hear some booms in some songs/music.Are booms in some songs intented or do booms always relate to a problem?Also may it be possible that those songs aren't recorded well?

For example,do you know "Dishwalla -Angels or Devils" song?I hear a lot of booms with that song.I may be wrong about the "boom" term,what I hear maybe not called booms but another thing,but I feel like they are called booms.

Sometimes those booms with some songs cause the sound to distort at medium to high volume levels.
    Last edited by AwArEnEsS; 15 May 2010, 14:01 Saturday.
    The universe arises from definitionless awareness.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Unless music is VERY poorly recorded or you're listening to some eccentric portions of certain genres like techno, speed-metal, or hip-hop, there should NOT be distortion of any type in your media.

If volume is creating distortion or "boominess" during playback, from bass or any other portion of the audio spectrum, then it sounds like it's a limitation of your equipment, not the source media. Either you're running out of amplification power, or your subwoofer/speakers are not sufficient to recreate the sound at the volumes you're trying.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
      • Nov 2009

Thanks for your answer.

I listen to the same songs with my pc speakers(a model of Jbl) and a headphone(a model of Sennheiser), speakers have its own amplificator and headphone has its own soundcard,I connect it to pc via usbfor testing,I hear similar "problem"(if it's a problem) with them too.Though maybe while listening with headphone it's a bit less.

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
        • Nov 2009

Also generally I don't hear that "problem" much in older recordings.

Receiver's volume level is between "0" and "80".I generally use Pc's volume level at maximum level and receiver's volume level between "40" and "50".Receiver's maximum output capacity is 110W at 6 ohms and 100W at 8 ohms.My speakers are B&W 685s and their maximum capacity is 100W.
        Last edited by AwArEnEsS; 18 May 2010, 19:30 Tuesday.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

I listened to the song (the one off of Opaline) and I don't notice any real boominess to the song. I have to say the bass drum, snare, and bass all somewhat blend together, but that's the way they recorded it...not your system.

The low end is "bloated" would be the term I'd use more. It's not bad, but it's not really good either (quality and clarity wise).

What you are probably hearing more is the ABILITY of your system to show off poor recordings. I had that when I started getting into all the higher end of things. I noticed how badly recorded many things are.

What are some other bands you like/CDs you have, I can recommend some a song that I think is recorded well and you can see what you think.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
            • Nov 2009

Thanks for your answer and recommendation. My favourite song/music type is "pop",if you can recommend pop songs which you think well recorded,I can try them,it may help for understanding if my system causes "the problem" or it's the recording.The "problem" which I am trying to describe maybe "bloated" term like you said.I was thinking that it's not a clear(clarity) music(Angels or Devils),but I was thinking that maybe my system was causing that(also was thinking that it was called boominess).
            Last edited by AwArEnEsS; 19 May 2010, 11:29 Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"