X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Internet Radio?

hello all,

any internet radio folks out there? and how are you getting this media?
    i use to run a long cable from my laptop to the processor. now it comes thru the asus oplay wireless unit. got smooth jazz again
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Pandora at work via desktop system and on the road via laptop. At the house, not so much as I'm still not that crazy about the sound quality of 'net radio vs. my other options.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I use Last.FM. I like that you can listen to your Last.fm library or radio. I also like that it's muti-channel. Like David stated about Pandora, the quality is hit and miss. Most sound pretty good to me.

I stream via my XBox 360 through my HT. My biggest issue is, now and then you get a song with a mix that is, to say the least, strange.
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Okay, I made a mistake. Above I stated that Last.FM has muti-channel... it does not !

It appears that, the two things which lead me to this conclusion, fooled me to thinking as such.

1) As previously stated, I stream the site via my Xbox. Which is set for (of course) surround playback. So when I switch to streaming music, my processor was still showing Dolby Digital 7 (I have a 7.1 setup).

Under normal conditions, my processor will default to the current stream and display such.

2) My left and right speakers image better than I give them credit. :B
        I was without a doubt certain, several tracks where multi-channel. When infact, nothing but the left and right speakers where reproducing sound.

So, sorry for any confusion my previous post may have caused. ops:
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"