X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Winter
    • Nov 2007

CES 2009 Loudspeaker Driver Information

Any information or announcements from the manufacturers at CES 2009 concerning loudspeaker drivers? SB Acoustics, Seas, etc.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

IIRC, those types of companies aren't usually at CES

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Jonasz
      • Nov 2004

According to Seas homepage they are introducing a new 10" subwoofer (L26ROY) at this years CES.

Comment

• Jed
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jonasz
        According to Seas homepage they are introducing a new 10" subwoofer (L26ROY) at this years CES.

http://www.seas.no/index.php?option=...237&Itemid=172

I have a copy of that driver's pdf specs from RMAF last year. It's impressive looking but not very efficient. They also had a new Exotic paper 8" driver and tweeter.

Comment

• Winter
          • Nov 2007

From the SB Acoustics website concerning CES 2009:

"We look forward to meeting everyone and will be debuting several new driver models. For the DIYe'rs, we will have the new SBA kits on hand and playing."

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Ok here ya go I found some raw driver pictures,

Ferrtin Acoustic Model 7 field coil, surroundless driver.

The Lotus Group showing Feastrex D5e Type III - a 5-inch field coil driver with hand made washi paper cones and an all Permendur magnet structure.

If it's not weird, exotic, and very expensive, don't plan on seeing pictures from the press
            Attached Files

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• pedroskova
              • Mar 2007

I don't understand Seas getting into the full-range market. It would seem to me that they could better use their knowledge of motor design to test the waters of PA. But, I'm being selfish - I have no interest in their 89dB/W/M drivers, and no interest in whizzer cones.

However, I do like the idea of field coil drivers...just not handmade,whizzer-clad, Buddah-blessed, Permendur...oh, never mind.

Comment

• Winter
                • Nov 2007

Here's a link to a report of the CES 2009 related to speaker drivers:

Free support for loudspeaker projects, sourcing OEM speaker building supplies, and passive crossover design. We sell raw speaker drivers (tweeters, woofers, subwoofer, midrange drivers, full range drivers), speaker kits, amplifiers, capacitors, resistors, and inductors.

Comment

• tktran
                  • Jan 2005

-deleted-

(wrong thread)

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"