X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1oldguy
    • Dec 2008

Utube Bonanza ....Fav Videos.

Was thinking we could share our fav songs and maybe give a reason as to why it tickles our fancy.

Spinners

Here is my first one.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The bass line is great.Keeps you humming right along.The vocals are pure classic.And that wah wah pedal on the guitar is so addictive.
    Last edited by 1oldguy; 19 April 2009, 18:49 Sunday.
    A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.
  • 1oldguy
    • Dec 2008

Walter Rossi

Here is a song by a great artist.Infact one of the finest period from my standpoint.
    Dynamic,heartfelt,powerful.Haunting Piano , Classical Guitar that is O so tasteful all within a rock context and yet such sensitive singing all the while building up to a wonderful crescendo.

Enjoy.
    Great song by Canadian Super-Guitarist virtuoso Walter Rossi. Please visit Walter Rossi My Space and official site for some great music.http://www.myspace.co...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by 1oldguy; 27 April 2009, 08:53 Monday.

Comment

• 1oldguy
      • Dec 2008

Billy Thorpe

Here is a very Dynamic song.I shudder to think how this will sound once I get my gear for my speakers.The intro is a little long but helps to build the song.
      Billy was also a terrific Blues player when he choose to.But this is pure imagination that struck a cord with me.He died of a heart attack a little ways back.One of the classic artists that would make any speaker proud to be spitting out those kind of sound waves.

Enjoy.
      Last edited by 1oldguy; 19 April 2009, 18:48 Sunday.

Comment

• 1oldguy
        • Dec 2008

Little Milton

This artist was a recent find.Passionate vocals done in an R&B Flavor.I tend to think of music like this as maybe as the phrase goes"Bringing it all back home" kind of deal.
        Kind of has a Van Morrison vibe of which I am also a fan.
        With the addition of some nice Gibson ES 335 guitar playing for that vintage feel you have the makings for an instant classic.

Enjoy

Comment

• 1oldguy
          • Dec 2008

Lindsay Buckingham

This song captured me the Moment I first heard it.With a singing style that is uniquely his own as well as a Guitar tone unlike anyone else is just fantastic.This song is something he did on his own.The goal as he stated in an interview was to tone down the drums and make it more guitar oriented which I'd have to agree he did.This song is just so good to listen to on a quiet sunny Sunday,well at least it is for me.
          One of the greats in music History.

Enjoy

Comment

• 1oldguy
            • Dec 2008

For the Whales

Creatures that are very dear to me.Hope you Enjoy.

Comment

• 1oldguy
              • Dec 2008

Jim Crose

It's truly wonderful just how good 2 acoustics and voice can sound.Just Fantastic in this or any decade.Gone way too soon but this music will last forever.

Jim and Maurie setting the standard. Buy the Jim Croce Live DVD to support their surviving family members. I have worked out most of Mauries part, but need s...

Comment

• 1oldguy
                • Dec 2008

Karen Carpenter

Is there a more pure natural voice than Karen Carpenters?If so please tell me,so far this woman to me is the queen of Beauty.Like a fine wine that's so much better than even the other fine wines.Gone way to soon.There is a saying that the brightest stars only shine half as long.I go on record as saying I've never heard a more beautiful woman singer.This is as good as one can get I reckon.

Carpenters - For All We Know (karaoke - original footage)

A little History on them

For the Audiophile here,And I would imagine that's all of us,the carpenters music on a sonic level is truly still ahead of it's time,even if it was recorded today.
                Last edited by 1oldguy; 23 April 2009, 12:55 Thursday.

Comment

• 1oldguy
                  • Dec 2008

Al Martino

And here is in my opinion the most amazing male singer of this or any decade.A powerful beautiful voice of inspiration.I would say this man is the male equivalent of Karen Carpenter.A voice like this belongs before kings I kid you not.

For your pleasure
                  (1st October 2010) - - - Collectors of rare Eurovision vinyl, CD's and other memorabilia may be interested to check my auctions and sale items on ebay and o...

Live on German TV - 26th August 1967. This was the second day of colour tramsmissions in Germany. "Gala-Abend der Schallplatte" was a live show from the 25th...

Comment

• 1oldguy
                    • Dec 2008

The Electric Light Orchestra

Jeff Lynne, The master mind behind the band.In the beginning they were called the move and before that Jeff was in a band called the idol Race.When they first formed the Electric Light orchestra both Jeff and Roy Wood fought for control of the band and would literally race to the microphone.Apparently Jeff must have been the fastest of the two, and Roy would leave after the First album much to Jeff's delight.

Here for your Pleasure are 3 songs ,the last one will have Roy wood,Enjoy.

And with Roy Wood In the very early days

Comment

• 1oldguy
                      • Dec 2008

Telly Savalas

One of my fav in the acting world can also make a hit song.With a voice as different as his is just pain awesome.
                      His T.V show Kojak was released but after the first season it was canceled much to my dismay.But I do hope someone as the good sense to release the remaining seasons.

Enjoy these songs,I sure did.

Academy Award nominee and Emmy winning actor Telly Savalas singing - Something. It was on his 1975 album entitled, Telly. It was recorded while his tv progra...

Academy Award nominee and Emmy winning actor Telly Savalas singing his 1974 single called - If. The song later became a UK #1 hit for him. It was also on his...

Comment

• 1oldguy
                        • Dec 2008

Billy Workman

He may not be a household name but Billy has a great voice.And with help from Walter Rossi and Frank Marino on this album the Guitar work is fantastic as well as really good rythem.Sadly Billy while gifted at music only put out this one album,but what an album it is.Very rare to hear rock of the stature.

Some very rare rock,Enjoy.
                        forgotten club-classic...No.7, from late 70´perhaps at No. 324 I´ll get some good pictures to the music....

Comment

• 1oldguy
                          • Dec 2008

Al Di Meola

This is the man who can make most people on guitar seem like there are in slow motion.
                          This man is a true Guitar master of the highest possible manner.World wide influences.
                          Started playing Guitar when he was 5 and was a quick study to boot.
                          Again not your typical approach to music,that's one reason he stands out among many.

Enjoy.

Comment

• 1oldguy
                            • Dec 2008

Jimi Hendrix

The odd thing I found was that for the longest time I admit to not really understanding Jimi's Music and the day I heard it on vinyl something seemed to change.Now it wasn't because the gear I was using to listen to his music was expensive,it was crap infact.But the effect it had and has on me is a lasting one.
                            As for jimi's Music, it has grown more and more on me.It's freedom or at least the attempt at it.It is so many things but one needs to be in a certain frame of mind to go beyond just hearing it.Unless you can feel jimi's Music you ain't getting it ,which for me was quite a while.Glad I finally got past it though.

Here is behind the scenes

Comment

• 1oldguy
                              • Dec 2008

Eric Clapton

Need I say more?

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                • Dec 2008

John Campbelljohn

This next artist I found out fluke when I burrowed a VHS tape Back in the late 80's.And today is the first time I have heard the full version of the song I am posting here.
                                This man really knows how to use a slide.I just like this vibe,maybe you will too.

Enjoy

Promo video produced by Mako Funasaka with Grant Leslie on bass & BGs and Neil Robertson on drums & BGs. World Is Crazy © Leon Dubinski/Shagrock Sound

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                  • Dec 2008

Storyville/Malford Milligian

This man has so much power and soul in his singing.With Chris Layton and Tommy Shannon on Drums and Bass respectively along with one of the best guitarists David Grissium how could one go wrong?Trust me they didn't.Sadly they are no longer together as a band which makes this song really great.

Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by 1oldguy; 09 May 2009, 11:44 Saturday.

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                    • Dec 2008

Yours Truly

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by 1oldguy
                                      Karen Carpenter

Is there a more pure natural voice than Karen Carpenters?If so please tell me,so far this woman to me is the queen of Beauty.Like a fine wine that's so much better than even the other fine wines.Gone way to soon.There is a saying that the brightest stars only shine half as long.I go on record as saying I've never heard a more beautiful woman singer.This is as good as one can get I reckon.

Carpenters - For All We Know (karaoke - original footage)

A little History on them

For the Audiophile here,And I would imagine that's all of us,the carpenters music on a sonic level is truly still ahead of it's time,even if it was recorded today.
                                      I'd like to second you and mention that to me, Karen had the most beautiful voice of all time. A great tragedy to lose someone so beautiful who had so much talent. I remember being quite emotional on hearing of her passing early in 1983. Every now and then I spin a disc and lose myself in her beautiful voice. I remain a huge fan of the Carpenters.

Rest in peace, beautiful and brightest star.

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by 1oldguy
                                        Hey, excellent stuff!! :T :T :T

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                          • Dec 2008

Thanks Shadow.....All the Gear in that room is all gutted out now.It's where all my gear will be.LOL...Small Room but can't put in where i like to.Such is life.

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                            • Dec 2008

George Harrison

I would Imagine we all love his music.Such beautiful music.This song is one of my fave's.
                                            Never to be forgotten.

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                              • Dec 2008

Frank Zappa

This is the kind of artist you love or hate.Frank was so many things.Few would say he wasn't brilliant,and depending on you take could be as funny as they come.largely misunderstood by even his fans.Here is some rare FZ Footage.

One of Frank's last interviews, conducted by NBC's Jamie Gangel for the Today Show.

Frank Zappa interviewed on Larry King Live, August 13, 1985. This is part 1 of 2. No part of the interview was cut beyond the commercial bumpers to make the ...

Frank Zappa on Larry King Live August 13, 1985 Part 2 of 2. Please note: No questions on this interview were edited out, however in order to keep the video u...

Comment

• Hammie
                                                • Oct 2005

Hiromi Uehara

The speed that her hands move is mind boggling. My 7 year old has now aspired to be like her. I am having trouble getting him off the keyboard. Now, he wants to hook hi keyboard up to the computer so he can record his music and print out his music to take it to his teacher.

Panasonic TC-P65VT30
                                                Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
                                                Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
                                                Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
                                                B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
                                                Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
                                                My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
                                                Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                                  • Dec 2008

That is talent of the highest order.Very impressive.

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Jan 2006

Louise Carver

Louise is a classically trained pianist who has had extensive vocal training since age 6. She has been writing songs on the piano since 11yrs old. She was signed to her first record label in South Africa at 15 [Silver Tulip Music], released her first single at 17, and followed it up with an album at 18.

Louise Carver's music video for the hit single "Home".

Behold the brand new video from gorgeous South African singer/songwriter Louise Carver. The song 'Didn't Mean To Call' is the 3rd single from her new album ...

Comment

• John Holmes
                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                      • Aug 2000

She's pretty good, ShadowZA!
                                                      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Jan 2006

Thanks, John. I've only just locked on to her myself. Have to get some of her CD's for my collection.

Comment

• Chris D
                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                          • Dec 2000

Wow... now this thread's quite a cornucopia of info. It'll take me some time to explore it.
                                                          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                                                          - Pleasantville

Comment

• John Holmes
                                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                                            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Chris D
                                                            Wow... now this thread's quite a cornucopia of info. It'll take me some time to explore it.
                                                            Yeah, it's funny... before this thread, I never really considered You Tube as a source for checking out new music. 1oldguy has opened my eyes to the possibilities.
                                                            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                                            😀
                                                            😂
                                                            🥰
                                                            😘
                                                            🤢
                                                            😎
                                                            😞
                                                            😡
                                                            👍
                                                            👎
                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                            Search Result for "|||"