Yes, I know this is "In Tune" and we have a DVD section, but in the spirit of this post, I'm throwing it in here. I have Netflix and lately have been looking for good DVDs that sound great. I'd prefer concert suggestions, but studio ones or documentary-style issues with just a few full songs would be enjoyable. I have seen the Wilco and Hell Freezes over DVDs, have U2's Castle concert on the way...there are a few Clapton selections, but I have no idea what one would be best for the sound. Oh, a Diana Krall is in the queue too, but I wasn't sure what one was best there either. Anyone have any other discs to suggest? I'm just looking for some DVD videos that have very well-recorded audio. I'd be up for any style, I'm working on expanding the variety :T
Video DVDs for the MUSIC
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Well there a log discussion on this very subject in the audio hideout
And I know for a fact I'm repeating things you will see there but check out Cream's Royal Albert Hall DVD, Derek Trucks Band - Songlines, and the Elvis Costello/Allen Toussaint concert.
Some I have not recommended previously but will if you are willing to try new stuff..
Umphrey's Mcgee have two DVD's out. The one with the Sledgehammer cover is great and has a lot of options for audio.
Moe.'s DVD has fantastic quality.
Particle's Transformations Live For The People is great for sound as well... As long as it is pretty loud and you are pretty stoned, however you might do that (I'm of course talking about things like being high on life, or love, yadda yadda yadda)
Not many people have heard of those bands, but they play live 300 days a year, have for years, and care immensely about sound quality. It makes for pretty good DVD's if you're open to new stuff.Hello, my name is Eric and I am a music addict.- Bottom
Related Topics
Collapse
-
by Foxman
RUSH
R30 - 30th Anniversary World Tour
Filmed in Frankfurt September 24, 2004
2 DVD Package &
Deluxe Edition 2 DVD 2 CD
We are pleased to announce the follow-up to 2003’s internationally successful and top selling RUSH DVD “RUSH...-
Channel: In Tune - All about the music
19 November 2005, 10:52 Saturday -
-
by jimmyp58Hey Eagles fans, in case you didn't know, their Farewell Tour Concert on DVD will be released in the next few weeks. It was recorded in Australia. I've heard it was a phenomenal concert and if this DVD concert's sound is anything like their other concert DVD, it should sound fabulous too.-
Channel: In Tune - All about the music
-
-
by greenjudasHi all,thanks to those who helped me with my question in regards to whether I needed a progressive scan dvd player for my proj.Well,you guys were on the money.I sold my Harman Kardon and bought a Yamaha DV SL100 which has p/s and PQ has improved a fair bit.What has really surprised me is the sound.I...-
Channel: AV Chalet and Home Theater Hangout
-
-
by David MeekRumor-mongering here, but on two other forums and also in the January Widescreen Review it's going around that Columbia Studios officials say that they plan to release Special Edition DVDs similar the Superbit DVDs released by Sony, and Blackhawk Down will be the pilot or at least one of the first!...-
Channel: DVD Director
-
-
by madmacThere seems to be a lot of people on this forum that like to collect films. This baffles me a bit because I find in 99% of cases, A film is watchable once.
So then, what are your absolute keepers?. A few of mine (I'm 49 now) are the below. These are films that I will definitely watch...-
Channel: DVD Director
-
- Loading...
- No more items.

ops:
Comment