X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Eagles Farewell Tour DVD

Hey Eagles fans, in case you didn't know, their Farewell Tour Concert on DVD will be released in the next few weeks. It was recorded in Australia. I've heard it was a phenomenal concert and if this DVD concert's sound is anything like their other concert DVD, it should sound fabulous too.
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

It is supposed to be on NBC June 1st. No word yet whether it will be in HD or not.

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Yep, I saw this this morning after I posted this. I wonder if it will be the full concert or excerpts.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Actually, I just read that this will be released in the new 8.1 surround sound audio format Dolby Digital ESX that adds a ceiling channel speaker this year.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Spearmint
          • Sep 2004

I have my R1 copy on order, as there is no release date for OZ as yet.

The concert was fantastic IMO, although I wasn't at either of the filming sessions, due to work commitments.
          Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• jimmyp58
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

Kinda bummed....I was looking to see what time the Eagles concert will appear on NBC tonight and now I don't see it at all. It looks like NBC is going to show a series of reruns of Law And Order. Is this true or is it my local affiliate?

Comment

• jimmyp58
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

I have mine on order too. Got it from Buy.com; they have a release date of 6/7/2005.

8.1 ... wow!!!

Comment

• jimmyp58
                Super Senior Member
                • Aug 2003

My bad...it is 6/1 that NBC will be airing it.

Comment

• Bing Fung
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Aug 2000

I just caught this Half way to the end. It was fantastic as far as I could tell. They used a Brass section that really adds to the performance, a performance that I think rivals Hell freezes over.

It was in High Definition and looked very good. Audio wise I found I was downmixing the DD to Stereo for a more convincing performance. There was more rear speaker action than I would have liked. I wonder is the Network has altered this in any way? It was definitely more realistic in Stereo.
                  Bing

Comment

• Shane Martin
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2001

Bing,
                    I agree with you 100%. Better in stereo. the High Def picture was OUTSTANDING.

Comment

• jimmyp58
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Aug 2003

I didn't get a chance to watch it last night but do have the disc on order. I hope the sonics were a network thing because that would kinda suck if the disc is like this too (not that I couldn't play it in stereo).

Comment

• Shane Martin
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Apr 2001

Jimmy,
                        The Hell Freezes over DTS disc has similar issues. Stuff was out of whack. I just credit it to yet another messy 5.1 mix for music. Generally this is why I stick to stereo.

Comment

• jimmyp58
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Aug 2003

I am hoping this won't be the case for the new discs but it appears (sounds) like it will be as well.

Comment

• jimmyp58
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Aug 2003

So, has anyone picked up the concert on DVD?

Just wondering if anyone has the discs yet?

Jim

Comment

• Foxman
                              • Jan 2003

I bought it Tuesday, but I really havent had time to view it yet. Everyone that has posted around the net has said it is absolutely a must own offering awsome SQ & VQ with a choice of DTS or DD.
                              IMO

My Movies
                              Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• SurrealSurround
                                • May 2005

Who's guitar is this?

I've listened to the dvd (hilites at least) a couple of times, but it was late and I had to rush through it.

Pic and sound quality are excellent. There's a nice trumpet solo in Teq. Sunrise that, in 6.1, comes from the back right surround. the first time I heard it, I had to replay it a couple of times. Clear and smooth. Very cool. Later on in the program the Mighty Horns also shine through on sax.

Not sure where Stuart (Stewart?) Smith "came from" -- but he is awesome on his guitar.

Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves in this concert. Which makes it a truly enjoyable listening and watching experience, especially for those who have 6.1 and 7.1 sound. However it is only DTS or PCM stereo unless there are 2 versions, and I missed the Dolby version.

Don't miss the end credits. They feature some fun interview outtakes, and you'll find out who owns the guitar in question.

Comment

• Foxman
                                  • Jan 2003

I watched this last night...well almost all of it. Anyway, this is showoff material. The audio and video quality rival anything I own. My favorite Eagles tune is "Lifes Been Good" and generaly I prefer Walsh's songs, but "Hotel California" absolutely stole the show IMO. I realize that's just one of the many songs they have that are overplayed, but I was rockin with this song. These guys still have "it" and make some fabulous music. If you haven had a chance to check this disk out yet....well you have a long weekend so what are you waiting for? :T

Seriously it is that good.
                                  IMO

My Movies
                                  Bad Pics of my system

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"