X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenjudas
    • Mar 2005

Yamaha dvd player DACS?

Hi all,thanks to those who helped me with my question in regards to whether I needed a progressive scan dvd player for my proj.Well,you guys were on the money.I sold my Harman Kardon and bought a Yamaha DV SL100 which has p/s and PQ has improved a fair bit.What has really surprised me is the sound.I thought the H/K was top notch in this area and was expecting to lose a bit with the Yammie.Not so,had a friend over yesterday and played a few concert dvd's that we know well and we were astounded as to how good they sounded.Which leads me to my question;does anyone know what kind of DACS Yamaha use in their dvd players.My H/K used Burr-Brown but Yamaha don't seem to mention what they use.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Which model? 2500?
    Jason

Comment

• greenjudas
      • Mar 2005

DV SL100 ,certainly not top of the range.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

I tried a search to determine that DACs origin, but nothing turned up. I would suggest that you call Yamaha tech support directly, they should be able to provide you that information. I know that some of their DVD players utilize the Burr-Brown DACs, but I am uncertain about this player.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"