X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Anybody need the White Album?

Really a great buy here. (collectors, lol.)

Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

For that price I hope it includes a high-end TT, tube amp and speakers to play it on, too. :B

Comment

• Alloroc
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

....But it has a letter of authenticity!
      Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

WHAT? Play a 16K LP? You gotta be kiddin, right? LOL.
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Lex
          WHAT? Play a 16K LP? You gotta be kiddin, right? LOL.
          I know I wouldn't! :B
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• draganm
            • Jul 2005

$16K? looks like it closed at $22K 8O Man, just when you thought you'de seen it all. I mean yeah it's a rare album but it's not a Butcher cover, or signed, or even had a drink spilled on it by someone famous. So what if it was number 6, they pressed 6 million more right after it.
            I guess i'm more into the sound of vinyl than collecting. Thankfully almost all the good stuff is available brand new on LP's and sounds a hell of a lot better than most of the mastering they did 30 years ago (especially the Phil spectre crap).

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by draganm
              $16K? looks like it closed at $22K 8O Man, just when you thought you'de seen it all. I mean yeah it's a rare album but it's not a Butcher cover, or signed, or even had a drink spilled on it by someone famous. So what if it was number 6, they pressed 6 million more right after it.
              I guess i'm more into the sound of vinyl than collecting. Thankfully almost all the good stuff is available brand new on LP's and sounds a hell of a lot better than most of the mastering they did 30 years ago (especially the Phil spectre crap).
              draganm,

I'm incline to agree. While I do understand and respect one's passion for a hobby, I am having a little trouble digesting this one. But to each his own.
              I know for that amount, I could have purchased every piece of HT/music gear I've ever wanted, most of the software to go with it and still had change to blow on other stuff too! But...that's just me! :B

Now the real question is, will he play it??? I must admit, I'd be torn with the choice. I mean, music was meant to listen to, yes? I look at it like collecting cars. Their great to look at but, they were built for driving. I don't think I could own that album and not play it now and then.
              "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

But how would you feel about scratching your 22k dollar LP???

Comment

• John Holmes
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Hmmm, pretty much the same way I'd feel about scratching the paint on my car, or my cd's, dvd's and any other album that I own...I'd be a little upset. But, I take good care of my items.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"