X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thyname
    • Jan 2005

HDCD CDs from China, warning!!

I just received a 2cd best of U2 compilation from China, marked as HDCD with letters in both chinese and english. If you have noticed, these HDCD compilations are flooding Ebay. Disappointed to see that the Hdcd light indicator in my HDCD Rotel player did not go on. Does that mean that these CDs are fake, not HDCD? They actually sound good, loud but a bit distorted.
    Anybody has had any experience with these CDs?
  • Cracking Oboe
    • May 2004

No, I have not had any experience with the discs you mention, but I did purchase an Aaron Neville disc (Believe) which is labled HDCD, but does not play HDCD (no light). :x I guess I just have to 'believe' that there is HDCD tech. in there somewhere.

Cracking!

Comment

• Ron Salvo
      • Feb 2005

I've got a lot of discs you mentioned, but have no hdcd player yet. The last time I bought this kind of disc (by Julio Iglesias--Divorcio) and happened to try it with rotel RCD-02 from the store and it sound fantastic. The hdcd light of the player went on and I can really distinguish a wider soundstage and better resolution compared with my ordinary cds.

There are a lot of these here in Asia. You will notice that most of the disc labels are misspelled.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

They actually sound good, loud but a bit distorted.
        Interesting definition of "good".

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

Typically no light, no HDCD. Everyone of my (few) HDCD disc, play in HDCD. I even have copied the disc and when I play the copies, they trigger the HDCD to come on...

My guess is you have bought bogus HDCD discs....
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• mjb
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by PewterTA
            Typically no light, no HDCD. Everyone of my (few) HDCD disc, play in HDCD. I even have copied the disc and when I play the copies, they trigger the HDCD to come on...

My guess is you have bought bogus HDCD discs....
            Ditto
            - Mike

Main System:
            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"