X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

Super Session A Must Have

I came across a remastered version of 1968's Super Session featuring Mike Bloomfield and Steve Stills on guitar and Al Kooper on piano, organ, guitar, vocals, etc. I remember this old recording very well, but the remastered sound produced by Al Kooper blows away my old vinyl copy.

Additions include a remixed version of Albert's Shuffle and a great version of Season of The Witch w/o horns. Two songs not included on the original recording are Blues For Nothing and a live version of Fat Grey Cloud.

The true value of the disc is Mike Bloomfield's guitar. If you recall, Bloomfield had played with the Butterfield Blues Band and Electric Flag. His recordings which only encompass 1/2 of the disc (he walked out after the initial 9 hour day of recording) show his virtuosity. Steve Stills offers a good variety of guitar, but I am and continue to be blown away by Bloomfield's guitar licks and this Super Session.

This is a Columbia/Legacy 2003 release.
    Stan
  • H.Donald
    • Aug 2004

That cd has always been on my "to buy" list.I have always been a fan of
    Mike Bloomfield.Last year I picked up "live at the old waldorf" on cd,Mike was in fine form and reminded me that he left us far too soon.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"