X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

SACD/DVD-A or LP?

A little over one year ago I purchased my Denon 2900 Combo CD-DVD-SACD-DVD-Audio combination player to replace an older Sony dvd-cd player. At the time I was enthralled with the idea of high resolution audio and its' future. Initially (over the first three months), I went out and purchased a fairly large number of sacd and dvd-a discs. Lately, I notice that I play most of those discs in stereo instead of multi-channnel and that I have not purchased many of such discs over the past 4 to 6 months. The main reason for my not purchasing more discs is that there is really a lack of great new recordings/releases that really interest me. It may be that my sacd/dvd-a discs should be relegated to an infamous place next to my two betamax's recorders. I am wondering if anybody else feels the same way.

Interestingly enough, every time I receive a new email or catalog from Acoustic Sounds, I feel that I should have purchased separate dvd and cd players and a turntable. I find myself reading about all of the new vinyl re-issues with great interest. Since my cd setting(s) always seem to be on bypass and my eyes and ears always float back to what seems like a multitude of great vinyl res-issue pressings, I wonder why I don't simply break down, show my age and purchase a new turntable and break out some old vinyl and lot(s) of new vinyl.

Maybe, the new dual-dvd-music discs will pick things up, but somehow I think not for those of us who are into audio and how the music sounds. I am curious if anybody else may have similar of different thoughts on this subject.

Stan
    Stan
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"