X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sleeper_red
    • Sep 2004

BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer

I'm buying the RSX 1056. My question is, can I use my BBE sound processor when listening to 2 channel stereo? If yes, where do I plug it in? Thanks guys.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Depending on how you're going to use it, it can go in the preamp outputs, a tape monitor loop, or a processor loop.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• sleeper_red
      • Sep 2004

for 2 channel stereo, I can use the preamp out, correct?

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Sleeper,

I personally am not so sure you can use your sound processor with the latest Rotel line of recievers. I'd tripple check to be sure if it is important to you. For example my Rotel 1098 does not have a tape monitor loop function - so while you could connect your processor through th etape out and tape in you couldn't hear it that way, and if you used the pre-outs, sure you could plug the sound processor into an input of the reciver - but I am not sure how easy it would be to select it as an input - since as soon as you did, you would loose the source that was coming out of the pre-outs - a catch 22!

My "gut feel" is you need to go separates if this is important to you - get a 1068 processor and 1075 amplifier - more money - but way more flexibility....

Here is a LINK TO THE MANUAL for the RSX-1056 for you to check / see for yourself.

Geoff

Comment

• sleeper_red
          • Sep 2004

After hearing it again this afternoon, my final thought would be NOT to use the BBE. I brought more of my own CD's to the store and I'm really happy with the sound quality. Again, I'd say, FORGET the BBE. I don't need it.

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Again, I'd say, FORGET the BBE. I don't need it.
            That's good because it appears that you can't use any outboard processor with this receiver,

I just love it when mfgrs give you every video switching option on the planet, and don't provide the even basics for audio.

FWIW, I'd never buy any product that says 8 ohm minimium for the speakers. That's nuts!

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2003

Sleeper_Red,

A happy ending..

Most people find they loose interest in tone controls, equalisers etc once they get good quality sound. The only component that is still sometimes justified is a bass parametric equaliser (like the Behringer Feedback Destroyer) to tame any weird peaks and troughs in the deep bass in your room - and that can be connected through the Sub out easily. But with careful sub placement (and luck) most people can get away without even this.

Enjoy your new toy!

Geoff

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"