Help With Integrating Tubes Into SS System - Rogue - Jolida?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chas_T
    • Feb 2003

Help With Integrating Tubes Into SS System - Rogue - Jolida?

I'm contemplating a tube integration into my SS system. Here are the current components.

Paradigm Studio 100's
    Anthem AVM-20
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sony 555ES
    Cat Cables

The questions are many, but I'll begin with some basics.

The units I am considering are the following.

Jolida 1000A
    http://www.jolida.com/catalogue/jd1000a.html

Jolida 202A
    http://www.jolida.com/catalogue/jd202a.html

Rogue Sixty-Six Preamplifier (20 minutes from my residence)
    http://www.rogueaudio.com/66.htm

My intentions are to use this primarily for 2 channel listening. Initially, I was just going to purchase the Jolida 202A, connect to the Anthem's pre-outs, connect the speaker cables to the Jolida and then when I listen to 2 channel, make the manual wire switch on the speakers to listen to the tubes. I understand this method of connection. It's a bit of a hassle, but something I can live with.

Then after talking with someone/sales person today, he said the Pre-amp would be the easiest integration. He suggested connecting the pre-outs to the AUX on the tube pre-amp, moving a switch to the one o'clock position on the tube pre-amp or something like that. Forgive my ignorance here.

Questions are:

1. Does anyone have experience with any of these components? Suggestions and comments are appreciated.

2. The connections to the Anthem using the tube Preamplifier is very confusing to me. Could someone explain this procedure to me? Connections 101.

3. Is this a worthy endeavor considering the type/level of equipment I own?

4. Any web sites or url's that you would recommend so I can educate myself before I take a walk on the wild side? My normal haunts seem to be limited with information after many searches.

Thanks are always in advance,
    Charles
  • Ricky
    • Aug 2000

I'll elaborate on the "HT Bypass Unity Gain" in my Rogue 66 that I mentioned in my email.

1) Hook up prepro's preouts into the Rogue preamp's "HT Input"
    2) Hook up Rogue preamp's preouts into power amps
    3) Hook up your cd player's analog outs into Rogue's preamp's "CD Input"
    4) I set the Rogue's input to "CD Input"

The Rogue has a switch that is either "2 channel" or "HT". When I listen to my prepro, I set this switch to "HT" and the Rogue's volume is taken completely out of the chain (no dealing with setting volume levels at 1 o'clock) . I can even turn the Rogue off.

When I want to listen to the Rogue, I flick the switch to "2 channel" and presto, the cd player's sound comes from the Rogue. I can turn the prepro off.

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

My vote would be the Rogue, and Ricky gave you the correct way to hook it up. However, unless you plan on getting a turntable I personaly don't think you will be achieving much of a sonic improvement with your present system. Are you on good terms with the dealer so that he will let you take it home and try it out?

Comment

• Chas_T
        • Feb 2003

However, unless you plan on getting a turntable I personaly don't think you will be achieving much of a sonic improvement with your present system. Are you on good terms with the dealer so that he will let you take it home and try it out?
        Bob,

I was going to purchase through an Audiogon dealer. Although I did not pose the question, my best guess would be NO about trying it out. I may try to find someone local who is a dealer for these two companies. Also, I do not see myself moving to a turntable in the near future.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"