X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ricky
    • Aug 2000

Added two more Parasound amps....now I have 5 "monoblocks"

I just picked up a Parasound 806 80x6 (bridgeable to 240) and a 1201A 150x1 monoblock.

Amp Configuration BEFORE:
    Two Parasound 2200II dual-mono 250x2 amps drive NHT mains, center, and one sub. A plate amp rated at 100wpc drives the other sub. A Fosgate 4100 60x4 drives my sides and rears.

NOW:
    2200II 250x2 = 3.3 mains
    2200II 250x2 = AC2 and left 1.5
    1201A 150x1 = right 1.5
    806 = bridged 240x2 for SW3P subs and 80x2 for superzero rear centers

Before I calibrated the subs about +9 over my mains. Now, my front 5 speakers and two subs are all +2. No critical listening yet, but I noticed more sounds from my sides in DPL1.
  • Kevin_McC
    • Jan 2003

Ricky,

That's a stack of amps.

After you get a chance to listen I'd be curious if you notice any difference in your setup. Each time I tried a different amp I always noticed a small difference.

John has been recommending to me that I get 20 amp dedicated lines for my setup, have you given it any consideration?

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Oh yeah... I'd personally love one of the new Parasound HALO JC1 amps myself. Those mothers look sweet...

Ricky, I know I asked you about the Parasound changer already in another post. What's been your experience with Parasound in general? Are you pleased with the performance? Any problems with customer service?

I'm highly considering Parasound myself as an option for my soon-to-come new pre/pro or receiver.

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"