X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rich B
    • Jun 2002

What about the NEW Fosgate Amp?

It is obvious that the original/old line of Fosgate amps are quality pieces that everyone here seems to like/love.

Let's talk a little about the NEW Fosgate line. Here is a link on the new amp: http://www.fosgateaudionics.com/newsreviews/2002_FA_FAA10005.asp

What do you guys think? Does the amp class affect the sound alot?

Side note, I went to a local dealer last night that has the new prepro in stock. It wasn't hooked up, but I got to check it out. I was surprised to read the made in Malaysia sticker on the back. I guess I'm used to high end stuff coming out of USA or Japan. Supposedly, this is the new trend, to use ISO factories in other parts of Asia.

Rich B.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hello Rich B,

I have yet to hear any of the new Fosgate stuff. But of course, I'm very excited about it. I hope it is at least as good as the former efforts.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Kevin_McC
      • Jan 2003

I was looking around at the Fosgate website and that FAP-V1 caught my eye a Vacuum Tube Preamp with 5.1 Channel sound and Dolby Prologic II. I haven't seen anything like that yet.

Comment

• dsmith
        • Jan 2003

I have never heard a true pure Class A amp, so I can't say for sure that they sound different from other classes. But I have heard many AB amps and many had their own acoustic characteristics, which leads me to believe how the class is implemented may make more difference. Of course I would expect tube amps to sound different from solid state amps.

Did Jim Fosgate design the Citation 5.1 and 7.1 amps? If so I don't think his circuits would suit my ears as I found the 7.1 to result in extremely uncomfortable listening (my ears hurt).

dsmith

Comment

• SteveG
          • Jul 2002

Jim Fosgate does not design solid-state amps. The Fosgate amps are mostly the work of Jim Strickland, a well-known designer.

Steve Goff
          Steve Goff

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"