X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TSG
    • Jan 2003

What a difference..

I had been using a Harman Kardon AVR-80/Sony EP9ES for the past 4 years in an apartment HT. We recently bought a house and I plan to redo the basement for a dedicated theater. We have a cozy little family/tv room on the main level that I had the HK/Sony set up in for two channel. A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to get rid of the HK/Sony and try to find something decent for a little more serious two channel listening. My replacements arrived today.. a B&K Reference 4420 amp and a B&K Pro10 MC pre. I only had about an hour to play with them but my initial thoughts are... I cannot believe what I've been missing out on for so long.. the difference is incredible! Sounds more open and detailed.. especially at lower volumes. I can only imagine how much better it'll sound when I find replacements for my lowly Polk R40s. Thanks for letting me share!

Tom
    Tom
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Tom, congrats. Those sort of eye opening experiences are what we live for. You may want to post some stuff at Club B & K, that shares space with Club Harman here.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Ricky
      • Aug 2000

Tom,

Congratulations! That preamp/amp combo rocks. You shopped well....and all over the place, LOL! The Sony ep9es is good all around for ac3 and 2 channel, but folks who used it as a standalone, full $800 retail dac/preamp were a litttle nuts.....

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Welcome to the guide Tom! And congrats on getting the upgrade in sound that you wanted. Satisfaction is the best part of this hobby.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• TSG
          • Jan 2003

Thanks guys..

Lex.. Was I supposed to post in the B&K section? I just wanted to post my feelings about my upgrade & 2 channel in general. Are you supposed to post in the dedicated section of the gear you possess? I hope you don't mind me saying so.. but IMO there are too many sections here. Isn't it all about audio? It's kind of a pain in the you know what to check into them all. Unless of course they are sponsors here? Thanks for letting me share...

Regards,

Tom
          Tom

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Hello Tom,

I think Lex was just trying to say that, more users of B&K equipment, would get to benefit from your experience if, you were to post something there as well. Those that own or aspire to own B&K gear, would probably go to that forum first, to look for that gear.

There was nothing wrong with posting your two channel knowledge of your pieces along with finding Eutopia with this set-up's sound in this forum. Please feel free to carry on with your glee in this thread.

Have a great day!
            John

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"