X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Watch Dog

Have you ever read a reveiw of a peice of audio equipment in a audio magazine that seems almost 180 degrees out from your listening experience with that same peice of equipment? Do you automatically feel that the audio critics in the mags most know what is right and your measurements and listening experiences must be wrong?
    If you want to read some letters by a couple of people who have looked behind the curtain of OZ and found that the wizard is just a little man with a big microphone, go to this website and click on the Watch Dog heading.
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Interesting stuff. He presents his site and points in a very well thought out manner. Talented dog too!

The magazines are all jokes. If you open one knowing that you're much better off. Having a 'watch dog' around to help out is helpful too.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

not sure how many friends he will make in the audio press industry, lol. But I got to hand it to him, it's about time somebody with some cahunas told it like it is. We all know our print mediums are as influenced as can be by special interests, advertisers, etc...

He might want to do a piece on the online world too, the special interests and monopolistic things going on within our online community. They are there, just like in print-

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Nice to see we have police everywhere!

I'm glad that he wanted the job. Good reading!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"