X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crimson
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Use both inputs on Bryston 7B?

I've maxed out the inputs on my preamp and was wondering if its possible to use both the unbalanced and balanced inputs on the Bryston simultaneously. Obviously the 'stand-alone' component going straight to the amps would have to have its own volume control, but is it as simple as flipping the switch on the back-panel of the amp to select between the 2 inputs when both are being used? Wondering if anyone with these amps has ever done so.

Q.
    Q.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Joe, you might want to email Bryston on this. I would guess that's an easy question for them to answer...

Then go straight to the electronics shrink. Obviously, you have a problem with all inputs full.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• pf
      • Oct 2000

Joe:

I kinda did it and almost blew the speakers. It happened when I was switching preamps inputs into the 7B's from the CasaBlanca's balanced to the Line 3's unbalanced with the Bryston 'on'. Everything went okay even after the physical switching of cables till I flipped that switch... A crap load of noise came through the speakers and fortunately the thing was built tough enough not to suffer any damage. Don't do it!

PF

Comment

• Crimson
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

pf,
        I guess then it sort of defeats the purpose if I have to power cycle the amps every time I want to switch amp inputs. Thanks for the info.

Q.
        Q.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"