• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Compression audio test?

Hey how good can you guys do?

A hi-def test for your ears (and your audio equipment): Listen to these songs and see if you can tell the difference between an MP3 and an uncompressed audio file.

I got 5/6 with a midgrade gaming headset plugged directly into my computer. I do have better headphones and a better sound card not installed granted the on board sound on this particular motherboard is pretty decent if not a bit bass heavy. The one I did miss I was torn between 2 and it ended up being the 320kbps and the uncompressed.
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Hmm, I only got 2/6 with just some mid/lower range earbuds plugged into my laptop. I know I was getting a little listener fatigued after the 2nd sample. I would listen to each of the 3 samples twice to see.

What I noticed it was pretty difficult for me to tell. On 2 I picked the 128kps and on the other 2 I picked the 320kps.

I might try some other higher end earbuds I have that I rarely use to see if I can tell the difference better.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

All I've got is crappty desktop speakers at work...not even going to bother :lol:

If I could somehow play this over my home system via quality means and my kids would quit re-setting my @#$%'ing pre-pro...then maybe.
      Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

I got 4/6 using my built in laptop speakers. As a bonus, the two I missed I did pick the 320kbps though.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"