X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdrake
    • Apr 2008

Need help finding a wave guide and compression driver

I need some help finding a replacement wave guide and compression driver to replace my Selenium ti and parts-express 10inch waveguide.

I think I have narrowed it down to one brand of compression driver and two wave guides but if there are better options I would love to hear them. I am looking at the BMS compression drivers and either the XT1086 vs. RCF H100 wave guides.

I am building a two-way for use in a home theater using the Eminence Beta 15a and a compression driver. I am using a DXC2496 as the crossover. I would like to get the crossover down to 1k, to try to limit beaming from the 15. I would also like to keep the cost as low as possible but still get a good driver. :B

Thanks,
    Matt
  • Saurav
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

penngray's thread may be of interest:

I have been doing everything so far under the "learning HOLM" thread found here https://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36100 Because I needed to learn how to measure. I think I have had some success so I want to focus on crossover design in this thread. Specifically my speaker build which started here. Which

I believe the QSC WG he's using has been measured and used in multiple projects, so that might be worth considering as well.
    Last edited by theSven; 06 December 2023, 20:36 Wednesday. Reason: Update url

Comment

• mdrake
      • Apr 2008

Thanks that could be a good option. Any idea how much they cost and where to purchase them?

Matt

Comment

• Saurav
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2004

I think they're pretty cheap, around 10 bucks each or something in that range. I think you buy them from QSC, but I don't know the part number. Search for 'econowave' or 'econo-wave' on this forum, the AVS DIY forum, DIY Audio, TechTalk at PartsExpress, Audio Karma... there are lots of build threads with lots of details and other options. You should find a fair amount of info on various woofer, tweeter and waveguide options / combinations that people are experimenting with.

Here's a Google search to get you started. The main thread on Audio Karma is almost 700 pages long... plenty of stuff to read I think you'll find a couple of good summaries / overviews in a couple of the forums.

Doug / penngray may be able to provide more / better links, this isn't something I've really kept track of.

Comment

• mdrake
          • Apr 2008

Thanks for the link and detailed response!! :T

I found out how to order the QSC waveguides in case anyone was wondering. :B

Link not available
          Last edited by theSven; 06 December 2023, 20:36 Wednesday. Reason: Remove broken link

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"