The Other Side of the Mirror - Bob Dylan Live at The Newport Folk Festival 1963-1965

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

The Other Side of the Mirror - Bob Dylan Live at The Newport Folk Festival 1963-1965

This Blu-ray concert film by director Murray Lerner is a most worthy addition to my music collection. I've never seen the original material so I don't know how good it is. However I can tell you that the audio quality is excellent for content that was originally filmed in an outdoor setting in the early 1960s. I'm pretty sure that a lot of effort went into restoring the sound. That's the beauty of most Blu-ray concert titles and why I'm committed to the format now. The picture is pretty good too.

If you are a Bob Dylan fan then this is an essential film to watch. Even if you just have a general interest in music or American poet/songwriters then this one is worth the effort.

Nigel.
    Attached Files
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Thanks Nigel.

OT, but I heard recently that the Stratocaster guitar Dylan used at the infamous ‘electric’ concert where in 1965 at the New Port concert he performed to boos & heckling recently sold at auction.

LINK to Rolling Stone article
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"