X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

ABKCO remastered Rolling Stones hybrid SACDs

Just picked up "The Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks 1964 - 1971" at Best Buy. Note that these discs are hybrid SACDs but aren't labeled as such on the package. Look for the Abkco discs, they're in the cardboard cases instead of regular jewel cases.

I'm listening to disc 1 of Hot Rocks at work now (CD layer) and it sounds great. I can imagine what the SACD layer sounds like, but I'll have to wait till I get home to find out.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
    My HT Site
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Kevin, Listener and Stereophile (I think) have both mentioned the entire Stones' library is being/has been released on hybrids. That's cool that you've already picked up on this!

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Actually it's the first 22 albums. 22 albums! That's 3 or 4 normal bands' output.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Oh, I never posted my impressions of the SACD layer yet. One word - wonderful! The Hot Rocks set never strays far from my Sony 9000ES. The CD layer sounds great too, for those who don't have SACD capability (yet), but the SACD layer takes it to a new level.

I grew up on these songs and I've never heard them sound better than on these new discs. If you're a Stones fan, and even if you only think they're ok, give these discs a try. They're worth it! The only problem is you'll get the songs stuck in your head!

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
        My HT Site

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"